2009 sprinter van issue. Someone who maybe has access to identifix or mitchel??

brixen348

Ok so this is my moto van, so it huals something for compitition anyways lol its a 2009 dodge/Mercedes-Benz/freightliner sprinter. It has the 3.0 v6 diesel and it has a miss on one cylinder and it's not getting pulse to one injector so I'm thinking it's a ecm, has anyone heard of this? Or maybe have access to identifix or mitchel or the like?? Thanks in advance

Codes? Haven't heard of it specifically on Sprinters, but it is possible that the ecm shut the injector down when it detected a fault. That is fairly common on all Bosch common rail systems.

There's no check engine light but there was a stored code for cylinder misfire. We swapped injector with another cylinder and problem stayed with the cylinder not the injector. Is it possible the glow plug has a cylinder contribution or compression type sensor and could shut it down?

I'd start checking the wiring for the problem injector, disconnect the connector from the injector and the PCM and see if you have a complete circuit. Also make sure there is no moisture in any of those connectors.

Forgot to ad that, tested the wires, and even checked for pulse right at the ecm, no pulse but all the others pulse at the ecm

Back