Questions on weight reduction

2004cuminz

So im wanting to lighten up my qcsb.spare tire is gone tailgat mia. How much weight can be lost by gutting bed down to bedsides. Going to put a rollpan on and get rid of rear bumper. Also take my receiver off. May get a fiberglass hood also. I got a sport bumper but it seems as heavy as the chrome bumper. I dont want to gut the inside at the moment. I would be happy with 6500 or less.right now im 7100 with me in it. I am 180lbs. Also got a set of stock wheels im putting 315/50/17 mt et street r on so should lose a little there to. So far ive done 7.20 at 97.7 mph. That was spinning just a bit in 3rd gear. Would like to get to that 6.70 range

My QCSB weighed 6450 with me in it (240lbs).

Full bed, No metal cut, all factory wiring, bed stack exhaust, 5pt roll bar, rear roll pan, factory front bumper, factory fuel tank.

gutted interior
factory drivers seat only
2 rear leaf springs and caltracs
1.75 coils cut up front
no front sway bar
no receiver hitch
no ac compressor
no tailgate
no spare tire
single battery

So im wanting to lighten up my qcsb.spare tire is gone tailgat mia. How much weight can be lost by gutting bed down to bedsides. Going to put a rollpan on and get rid of rear bumper. Also take my receiver off. May get a fiberglass hood also. I got a sport bumper but it seems as heavy as the chrome bumper. I dont want to gut the inside at the moment. I would be happy with 6500 or less.right now im 7100 with me in it. I am 180lbs. Also got a set of stock wheels im putting 315/50/17 mt et street r on so should lose a little there to. So far ive done 7.20 at 97.7 mph. That was spinning just a bit in 3rd gear. Would like to get to that 6.70 range

I lost just at 300lbs on a long bed 2nd gen.

Light weight chromoly supports and skins only.

I dont want to gut the inside i still drive it everyday. I plan to do the bed and get rid of back bumper and reciever. Thought a fiberglass hood will lose a little.

Probably do a single battery during race season. That will lose 60 probably

Rear crossmember for spare tire could be cut out and replaced with a tubular crossmember. Same time could mount both shocks to the rear of the axle on replacement crossmember. If you don't tow with it, smaller radiator is also easy weight loss. Lexan back window would lose a little too and if it was done cleanly would still look nice. I saw you already mentioned the hood, that's a significant weight loss also. Swapping fuel tank for a cell would let you improve your weight distribution and also carry less fuel without worrying about slosh.

I want to lose weight but i dont want to get extreme. I have an extra bed that i can peel the sides off of.endgame is to get a regular cab frame. I can get a full fiberglass 79 ford body and put on it. Just doing this lightening to keep my speed demons in check.so i dont really want to go crazy crazy

I went to one battery, fiberglass roll pan, no front bumper (sport cover only), no spare tire assembly, just tubular crossmember with rear mount shocks, 2 leafs, cut coils, no tailgate, weighed 6350 on the dot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be interested in the weight of a fiberglass versus a factory steel hood.

I don't know the weight of my truck yet. For the hood I am running a factory steel hood with only the side, front and rear bracing. I cut the rest of the bracing out. I also cut a hole in this hood for a hood stack.

Thus far I have removed one of the batteries, ditched the spare tire, took off the rear hitch, deleted all AC components and will be running an Adam Aquino trans crossmember.

Back