View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_max View Post
well that all depends on what cat dealer you go to and how well you know them. i know there are a lot of bad ones out there, but we can uprate, change fls/fts, and injector trim codes for free, depending on how well we like that customer. speaking of pdi, do you know if you hhave to send the ecm to them? i know we have put a couple pdi manifolds on for guys and im not real happy with how they fit, thats all i know about them. by the way jfaulkner, i love that pic haha
Anyone with Cat ET can change trim codes and there are PLENTY of guys with factory cat flash files that can also change the fls/fts but if you really want to make them run you need modified flash files.

There are a couple of modified files that got leaked and have spread around, one will brick your ECM. That's why you have to know who your dealing with. The 7CZ file (70pin ecm) that's made it to a few people's hard drives was modified by Jared (owner of PDI) a LONG time ago and was leaked and runs really well. There is also a modded Acert file (120pin) I've heard about that get's the same reviews.

Bottom line the ONLY way to get big power without changing any hard parts (cam, injectors ect) is to have someone flash your ECM with a good file. By good I mean NOTHING you'll be able to get at a dealer, all their files are the latest EPA files that will totally castrate your truck. The other way is to swap the cam and bigger injectors.

As far as having your ECM flashed by PDI you don't have to sent your ECM off, you can just find your local dealer and they now have the ability to flash Cat/Cummins while you wait (Detroit is in the works).