interesting lawsuit pending.........

Its deffinatley a bad failure when it happens but the motor is fine, it's just the fuel system that's ucked up. Still not a cheap repair at around 9-11k from the dealer. Anything with the old cp4's is a ticking time bomb. Reason I'll never own the lml duramax.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

So should this be a lawsuit against Bosch for the CP4 then? Isn't that what's used on the common rail 2.0L VW TDI's as well?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So should this be a lawsuit against Bosch for the CP4 then? Isn't that what's used on the common rail 2.0L VW TDI's as well?

The 2.0 uses that same pump? That's moving some serious fuel for a 2.0l if it's the same size pump.. I believe the cp4 is an architecture number and not an actual flow number. So it might not be the same exact pump, but I'm no expert buy any means.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

I've done a little digging, haven't seen the model posted yet, but supposedly there's an extended warranty for '13 and older on the fuel system. $9k bill at the dealer guys are saying. Guess it's a somewhat common on these, mines an '11 with 29k miles. I should have time to get it figured out.

11-12 models were the big problem years, but all LMLs are at risk.
CP3 retrofits are available, as are bypasses or "filters" (for lack of a better term) that help keep any debris from the rest of the fuel system, should the CP4 let go.
All this is similar to the old LB7 injector issue. GM will only extend the warranty period if they are forced to.

Ford has the problem as well but it's a little more pronounced in the Duramax since they don't have a factory lift pump, first fire that pump is being ran dry until the gear driven pump primes the system.

Just repaired brother in law's 12. Around 8.5k in parts/labor. We used S&S cp3 conversion and installed head studs, fleece lift pump, EGR kit. It's ridiculous. The pumps are chit. Very clean truck with just over 100k.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, anyone I know who's got a Ford 6.7, I push them to get that bolt-on filter kit.
It's all about the chrome on the cam/followers flaking off and killing everything downstream.

I just got a 6.7 Ford. Tell me more about the filter.

snake oil. google "disaster prevention kit"

Only helps if the failure is in the one half of the pump. "supposedly" contains the shrapnel and sends it to the tank as opposed to thru the injectors. Haven't met anyone that has had one and had a pump fail, so no idea if it works as intended. Doesn't increase longevity at all, it's supposed to mitigate risk. marketing on fear has always been successful....here is a classic example. do it for the 'gram bois.

Back