Brad Penn oil

Howling

Soot Sniffer
I'm going to switch to Brad Penn oil this year and was curious which one everyone is running. The diesel version of 15w40
db7b5d155cfedceb7dba3a90440e6665.jpg

Or the high performance oil 15w40
fbcbdcba2bc888ea5ffb7ef3c6407608.jpg

And any reason to switch from Fleetgaurd filters?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I know fire punk runs it and they love it. Don't know the grade. Is there much advantage to this over say a premium blue with a big zddp additive? I bet premium blue free

Cenpeco here , sent several oils to be tested in Indy and cenpeco did very well . The additive deals with the soot well . Beware of bearing testers selling oils

It's a weekend toy not pulling it anymore. That's why I was curious about 15w40

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Look at the data sheets, but typically only the PennGrade 1 oils are the "green" high zinc.

I run BP in the bike, and the old man runs it in the race cars.

Where are you guys finding the best prices on Penn oil? I ve ordered it on Amazon a couple times but its not always available.

Also is the grade 1 suitable for daily/tow use or would the 15/40 plus be the better option. I didn't realize there was different grades of 15/40 till this post. Pretty sure what Ive got in the past is the standard grade 7190

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've tried BP 20W50 in my old pro street truck. Switched to Schaeffers micron moly 50W and it seemed to stay clean much longer.

Kendall Green/Brad Penn is what we always ran in our alcohol motors. Be interesting to see what happens as it is my go to for the racecars and I'm just finishing one up...

Possibly look into On Guard oils, AZ veteran owned, really cool old dude with a nostalgia fuel dragster, might lean that way if Penn is of question.

We used to run Joe Gibbs and Brad Penn in Todd's triple turbo truck back in the day, they both seemed to run fine. This year for the big 7.1L (solid Hamilton 6.7 block) triple truck we used for UCC, we ran PDD Conventional 15w-40.

If anyone wants to try our 15w-40 oil on a race truck or a hot street truck that does oil analysis, send me a PM and we can potentially work out a sponsorship or free oil tester deal. We've got a few pullers and drag racers running our oil, but so far the biggest power truck to run it is Todd's Triple Turbo UCC truck. Our 15w-40 synthetic and conventional both run on the high end of the viscosity spec but still technically 15w-40 with 2200 PPM ZDDP. We've got several test vehicle oil samples with reduced wear metals but most of them were running regular CJ4 Rotella, Delo, Delvac, etc., don't have much test data vs. other racing specific oils.

Conventional-Front-Label-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back