Fuelabs when you just want the best

Do you really need 200gph at 45psi? That's pushing close to 2,000hp. If you really need that kind of flow and at that pressure, our Velocity systems are not going to do it- even with the add-on pressure regulator. However, our 42402 pump would certainly be able to do it. That pump is sold under our gas lineup, but all of our equipment is cross fuel compatible. A prime example being the fact that a lot of the Powerstroke guys use our 41401 pump on low speed, as a lift pump.

Considering that I made almost 1200 with a stock 12v piston pump(oops) You may be correct that I don't need that much fuel. I would be happy with your recommendations.

Do you really need 200gph at 45psi? That's pushing close to 2,000hp. If you really need that kind of flow and at that pressure, our Velocity systems are not going to do it- even with the add-on pressure regulator. However, our 42402 pump would certainly be able to do it. That pump is sold under our gas lineup, but all of our equipment is cross fuel compatible. A prime example being the fact that a lot of the Powerstroke guys use our 41401 pump on low speed, as a lift pump.

You obviously don't know who Ron is...

You guys are correct, I don't know who Ron is. I was just asking a question. I didn't at all doubt the 200gph need- that's not all that uncommon. I was just curious if he needed that flow at 45psi. Although not unheard of, that's fairly rare.

As far as the air separation goes- some believe in it, while others do not. We decided to keep everyone happy and incorporate it into our 200gph systems.

Last edited:
Josh, can you take a 42402 pump and integrade it with your velocity 200 seperator setup?

Not really. The passages inside the bulkhead were just not designed to see that kind of flow at that pressure. It would just create a lot of head pressure on the pump while not producing much more flow.

Not really. The passages inside the bulkhead were just not designed to see that kind of flow at that pressure. It would just create a lot of head pressure on the pump while not producing much more flow.

thats what i needed to know. thanks a bunch. i have 2 of those pumps that we run on our blown alky sand trucks. even though we have a mech pump thats gravity feed for the injection system, we have a 5 gallon tank that feeds it. so we use the fuelab pump to keep the 5 gallons full while we gravity out the bottom of it. a-1000 just wouldnt keep up. it was hard to find a decent pump that would keep up with burning 3.5 gallons of alky in 300ft but the fuelab has does a great job.

You guys are correct, I don't know who Ron is. I was just asking a question. I didn't at all doubt the 200gph need- that's not all that uncommon. I was just curious if he needed that flow at 45psi. Although not unheard of, that's fairly rare.

As far as the air separation goes- some believe in it, while others do not. We decided to keep everyone happy and incorporate it into our 200gph systems.

Ron is just an idiot that spends more on his truck than he should.LOL I run a 13mm p-pump and have been told to maintain 45psi at full throttle. At idle and low boost(most of the time) I think 25-30 would be plenty. Either of my FASS pumps keeps up, pressure wise(200gph and 240gph), but I don't think they are flowing nearly what the rating is at pressure, so it probably takes less than I am asking for which is fine.

Ron the neat part about working with Fuelabs is you tell them what you want as far as flow, and they will deliver it. Let’s let the math speak. Diesels on kill and clean will make peak power at .22 to .27 BSFC. That means pounds of fuel per hp for an hour. Now let’s add for the smoke of being over rich .10 BSFC. Now let’s round that up to .40 total fuel requirements to make power.

Let takes Ron’s 1200 hp
1200 hp X .40 BSFC = 480 lbs. of fuel per hour. Divide 488 lbs. of fuel by 6.7 SG for the average Diesel fuel = 70 gallons per hour.
Those 70 gallons is if the fuel system is dead headed and all of the fuel is going in to the motor.
On a boost reference bypass regulator you are returning the fuel to the tank. That means if the pump makes an honest 200 gph then more than half is just going thru the injection pump and back to the tank as coolant.

Ron is just an idiot that spends more on his truck than he should.LOL I run a 13mm p-pump and have been told to maintain 45psi at full throttle. At idle and low boost(most of the time) I think 25-30 would be plenty. Either of my FASS pumps keeps up, pressure wise(200gph and 240gph), but I don't think they are flowing nearly what the rating is at pressure, so it probably takes less than I am asking for which is fine.

I'd have to agree. It's probably 200 gph at 10-15 psi, then ~100gph at 35-45.

Ron, I'd have to look at their ratings, but I am thinking their ratings are not at that kind of pressure. I'm not sure if you're a drag racing kinda guy or a pulling kinda guy. However, Wade Moody uses our 200gph Velocity system and he's setting records with that. I'm not sure where you are at compared to him in terms of power/fuel needs- but his truck moves!

Now figure it out by cc and rpm. It don't equal 70 gph.

Brake specific is just that, the true measurement of fuel being used by the motor. You measure the fuel on the inlet side and on the return fuel and factor that in to BSFC. It’s on every dyno .
Bottom line is how much fuel the motor burns divided by how much horse power it lays down. I’ve been on the dyno with quite a few diesel engines and this is just the facts

Ron, I'd have to look at their ratings, but I am thinking their ratings are not at that kind of pressure. I'm not sure if you're a drag racing kinda guy or a pulling kinda guy. However, Wade Moody uses our 200gph Velocity system and he's setting records with that. I'm not sure where you are at compared to him in terms of power/fuel needs- but his truck moves!

Do y'all have any intentions of making 7.3 and 6.0 Powerstroke setups?

Back