View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #1392
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Cleaned up some of my messes in the shop from making the grill and some other things. Went up and staked out the perimeter of my corral and found I need to make some changes now seeing it in real life, so I need to make some changes to the cad drawing and then I think it will be ready to start putting posts in the ground to get it started.

Still can't get the last bolt out of the balancer hub, need to pickup a set of turbo sockets and hopefully can get it out.

Trimmed up the edges of the CF grill, need to sand them level all the way around it and got most of the PVA off of it and the clay I used for transitions, need to wet sand it a bit and then work on the areas that are imperfect to fix them, then it will be on hold till I build the hood and will paint it and the hood together and then clear coat it all. If you look at the picture, I made the new grill taller than what the factory looks like, but I had removed the lower piece this past year and replaced the front with an aluminum skinned piece to shave off some weight.

Cut off one bed mount and one body mount today, still need to finish cleaning up the frame where the body mount was.

Taking the grand daughter (turbo) to see Paw Patrol in the morning, so hoping I can swing by somewhere that might have turbo sockets tomorrow so I can get that hub off the crank.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters