View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #16
Cummins Driver

Name: Cummins Driver
Title: THE Cummins Driver
Member`s Gallery
Seems I heard something about needing a better lift pump? I dont know

It does have a newer stock lift pump on it. At what point is a better pump needed? Is the stock one sufficient for stock injectors?

I have an HE351 on my 94. I think ill keep the stock turbo on this for a while. Im really not sure how far im going to go with this truck yet. I am planning to keep this truck a reliable driver so no welded rear for me. I do have a limited slip 70 carrier laying around from a 2nd gen. I would consider swapping it in at some point if it would work. I assume it will but not sure?

I do have an update. I made it to the drag strip in totally stock trim Saturday night and ran 7 times at the test and tune. I had fun but it would be a lot more fun if it was faster. My best time was a 19.15 at 68mph. My best 60' was a horrendous 2.54 I did get a good baseline to work off of though. It actually feels slightly spunky sometimes just driving it but the non lockup auto and early defueling of the stock governor spring slows it down a lot in 3rd and 4th i think. I did turn the pin to the deepest side and loosen the starwheel while I was at the track but it made no difference in times. It seems slightly more responsive on the road but it still literally doesn't smoke at all. I expected a little more honestly.

I have some gopro video to edit and upload but for now i'll leave you with this video from the side of the track. I didnt feel too bad since the 24v barely beat me. It was puffing smoke on each gear so im assuming it had a small box or injectors.

I think my plan right now is to do a governor spring, turn the power screw in on the pump, possibly aftermarket fuel pin and get my tach hooked up so I have a reference for what RPM im launching the truck.

93 1st gen Cummins vs 24v Cummins drag race - YouTube

01 Dodge 3500 4x4 Dually Ext. Cab
Home Built 47re and an Edge Juice/Attitue & Air Dog

93 D250 Club Cab A518 - THD Fuel Pin