View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #28
SWALLDOG

Name: SWALLDOG
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefarmer View Post
ATI is an elastomeric damper meaning it uses a set of large rubber orings between a shell and hub to balance any disturbance to the rotating assembly. It functions like the stock damper except it's SFI rated to 10k rpm and fully rebuildable.

Fluidampr uses a small amount of liquid silicone that gets flung to the outside wall of the damper to offset any disturbance. The fluidampr works on the same principle of using golf balls inside your tires to balance your tires instead of external wheel weights. It is not rebuildable.
good info. thanks!
well i learned something today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Jeff View Post
And that's the debate for me.. Go with something that will rev quicker (ATI), or one that will probably balance the motor better (Fluidampr)
having learned what i just did from the above post, that is the question right there.
but i wonder what the weight difference is and if it really makes any difference? i mean when i changed my clutch to a double disc it added some weight, so is a lighter damper really going to help that much? just thinking out loud.