View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
JOESHTRDDSL

Name: JOESHTRDDSL
Title: Nothing Special
Member`s Gallery
Fuel rail pressure sensor

What does the truck do when the rail pressure sensor goes out. I installed my stage three cp3 and the truck ran better than ever. Rail pressure was way up, idled smoother, and there was a lot more power. I took the truck down and washed the engine and it still ran great all the way home(about 5 miles.) An hour later I went out to dinner and about 3 miles from the house the truck started fuel knocking and died. I restarted it and it was still fuel knocking and would hardly idle and the cel was on. I checked the codes and found p0192, p0251, and p0524. 192 is rail pressure sensor voltage to low. 251 was a code for the fca. 524 my smarty said unknown code. cleared the codes and checked the connections. found water in the rail pressure sensor so I blew it and the plug out untill they were dry and no change and the 192 code came back. bypassed the rail pressure gauge and my pressure box and pluged the original harness into the rail pressure sensor and still runs the same and the p0192 came back again. Any help would be great and sorry so long. Thanks, Joe