New shop being built

c8704551e36a55248357e6f9f92d7ecc.jpg
ed6353c835771dd0bd5523ee52de487f.jpg
bdbf04f8657ca17891684909d1a2a1fd.jpg

Floor anchor pots.
f72624fd7a7bc57d55d98e7c6d0b5b2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So is this a diesel performance shop or all kinds of cars? Any worries of people around your home all the time?

Do all kinds of work. Actually started out as a part time Off-road Motorsports after my full time job as shop supervisor at trucking company. Got fed up six years ago and quit. Started working on a little bit of everything but now mostly diesel repair and light performance work. As far as people being around all the time, including Sunday, yes! Some people are relentless! For the most part I really enjoy it. If that was what you were asking.

Very nice! I so wish I would have taken more time on mine. I just wanted it done, and didn't really think the layout through

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think I'd choose stick frame over pole but nice shop can't wait to see it finished. Wish I had the cash to start something like that.

Very nice! I so wish I would have taken more time on mine. I just wanted it done, and didn't really think the layout through

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks. There are many things I would have done differently also. That's how it goes though.

I think I'd choose stick frame over pole but nice shop can't wait to see it finished. Wish I had the cash to start something like that.

The reason I went this way was because it is attached to my old shop. It is a pole-building and was already on property when I purchased. Starting from scratch I would have done a block foundation for sure.

The reason I went this way was because it is attached to my old shop. It is a pole-building and was already on property when I purchased. Starting from scratch I would have done a block foundation for sure.

Ya that makes sense. Anything you would do different don't be afraid to post as i will be building in a year or so hopefully. Just not the size you are and looking for any advice and ideas. Looking good though.

Ya that makes sense. Anything you would do different don't be afraid to post as i will be building in a year or so hopefully. Just not the size you are and looking for any advice and ideas. Looking good though.

Would went a little longer and put more space between doors, Lean-to or separate Dyno area, or take out first bay closest to old shop make that for working area and made the rest with door on each side to have two lifts per one bay. Just to name a few, lol. My original plans was 50x100 but I just didn't have room. The left side of garage has a large rapid drop off. Plans were to make it same concrete height as old shop but just wasn't feasible as we already had to put over a foot of fill on that side of shop.

Looks awesome man. That in floor heating is great, it was even nice in Arizona where we'd only have a couple weeks of nights in the teens so I'm sure it'll be a godsend for PA winters.

Back