Turbine and AR sizing for the Primary?!?!?!?!!

Do you have a number or a website for Weston or anything he offers? I have always liked a 478 to match with my 63.

Why would they recommend that?

Oh was it just for fitment purposes?

Yeah they said that all their kits that they sell with the V2 cover they just chop off the Vband from the cover and the vband on the cold pipe and run a slip hose for clearance. Just sounded like a lazy a$$ way of doing it. I just cut out about 1.5" from the neck of the cold pipe and had it tigged.

Not knocking slip hoses, but sure as hell not sawing through that compressor cover.

Weston basically built that charger around what your wanting to do. No other option in my mind.

I looked at his 478 and agree that it looks like what I am looking for. I guess I just need to call him and been his ear about what I’m after and see where it takes me. Thanks

I have heard this numerous times about porting the 351 but have never needed to do it. How much more of a difference could you tell between normal 351 and ported 351?

Just from what I did by enlarging and smoothing with the wastegate hole, turbine housing inlet, and where the turbine housing dumps into the wheel I noticed lower boost while cruising and lower egts. I was running a lot of fuel for a single HE351 at the time and it responded well to the changes, probably the most fun I ever had with the truck.

So on my 12v with 5x16s, I just tossed together some compounds with what I had laying around. It's a Industrial silver bullet 62 with a 475 87 1.0 t4 with a race cover and 11 blade billet comp wheel. I was very skeptical because of the tight t4 but I had no money invested, what the heck. I ported out the wastegate and gasket matched to the DPS mani on the 62. I love it! 60 mph-22 psi overall-8ish psi from primary-maybe 10psi drive-600 degrees egt. WFO-80psi total-40 from primary-90 to 100psi drive-1200 to 1400 degrees egt. That's pulling 12k with AFC live on kill. It's almost more responsive than a gas truck...

Fwiw I was running an HE351 with a ported wastegate over an S475/96/1.32 on my truck with both a VP and P7100, even through the tiny HE351s turbine housing I had no problems getting the primary to light well before 2000 rpms and the truck always ran squeaky clean when I had the fueling dialed in right. I think an S475/96/1.15 would do exactly what you're looking for.

Not picking, but running that he351 in a compound set up, it would damn near spool any primary...
I could probably start a whole new thread by what I'm about to state but not trying to Rob from DALTRON, Do most guys actually understand why or what they are choosing when they pick a set-up?
I know that I found myself in this situation and I drank Waaaay too much of the Kool-Aid that is out there. I give props to DALTRON.

I do appreciate everyone's input and opinion....but 12v's and 6.7's are totally different than my CR 5.9. even though the 6.7 is similar to my truck it is a totally different animal. The 12v is beyond different and will react nowhere near what my truck will. I stated in my first post that I DO NOT want a 96/1.32. it is not the turbine and AR that I want nor will it take me where I want to go with my truck and setup. I don't that it's the cheapest and easiest to get. I am not chasing HP and will not be wanting to grow in the future! I do not want to try out 3 different turbines and 4 different AR housings. I have tried to search the web for forums to find as much as possible. I am willing to do the research or find the firsthand knowledge of a setup that will work for me. That is why I asked if anyone has experienced the 87/1.10 or the 92/1.10 or even the 92/1.15?

I do appreciate everyone's input and opinion....but 12v's and 6.7's are totally different than my CR 5.9. even though the 6.7 is similar to my truck it is a totally different animal. The 12v is beyond different and will react nowhere near what my truck will. I stated in my first post that I DO NOT want a 96/1.32. it is not the turbine and AR that I want nor will it take me where I want to go with my truck and setup. I don't that it's the cheapest and easiest to get. I am not chasing HP and will not be wanting to grow in the future! I do not want to try out 3 different turbines and 4 different AR housings. I have tried to search the web for forums to find as much as possible. I am willing to do the research or find the firsthand knowledge of a setup that will work for me. That is why I asked if anyone has experienced the 87/1.10 or the 92/1.10 or even the 92/1.15?

96/1.15:lolly:

The tried and true 96/1.32 is cheap, gets the job done and leaves a nice bit of safety factor by pulling some power ability away from the primary turbine.

Either way I'd go with the 96. Then just gotta decide which housing.

Last edited:
I believe I still have a 1.15 AR housing for the Borg 480/96.
Been on the shelf since I installed the Garrett gt55.
If you go with a box 480, I can supply you with a tighter housing if you wanted to go that route...then you would have both options.

I am doing compounds on my truck now. I am doing a he351cw/s475/87/1.10 for a faster towing setup on my farm truck. I really wanted the 92/1.10 but got a deal on the 87. I hope it will be a good fast spooling set.

Back