New 6.70/5.90 drag truck build.

NIce, I wonder how much lighter starting with a 2nd gen would be? What's desired finished weight 5k?

I know the 2nd gens are lighter, I am just more fond of this body style. I hope to be at least 5k lbs with me in it so around 4770 or so depending on the holidays. :hehe:

Got the frame rails capped off last night and started on mounting the frame rail side 4link brackets.

ff70600dbe2ecf6f861c214c94cc1c31.jpg

b7fc64774ae61b3a17227d26a2b67087.jpg

I see what looks like a power rack and pinion there, cant wait to see it mounted.... Nice build by the way

Are you planing on bracing the 4 link through the back of the cab to the cage?
Seem like its would add a lot of strength.

Awesome build keep us updated I love a good build thread, so many cool ideas!

Are you planing on bracing the 4 link through the back of the cab to the cage?
Seem like its would add a lot of strength.

Awesome build keep us updated I love a good build thread, so many cool ideas!

I will add more support in that area, but nothing going up to the cage. It will have the rear bars that come from the b-pillar down right above the coilover mounts though.

Wish I was making as much progress on mine as you are! Making me gain my motivation back seeing this. Gonna be a nice build!

Wish I was making as much progress on mine as you are! Making me gain my motivation back seeing this. Gonna be a nice build!

I just try to get at least one thing done every day. No matter how small or large it may be, just something that gets me one step closer every day. I used to try and get everything done in one day, and I would just get overwhelmed and lose motivation.

That and there always times where you cant do one thing because you are waiting on something else, I really just try to find anything I can possibly do to help while I am waiting.

I have also discovered that if I dont get a project moving fast, I will lose interest and end up moving on to something else. It really sucks to spend money on something for a year or two that just sits in the same spot and you cant enjoy.

Looks killer. I wish i had half a sense of how to bend tube like you two above.

Is there a how to bend for dummies book that i can read?

Back