Injector return line

bateman

So as usual before I start a thread I have read multiple threads on this topic and never really found an answer that I was happy with. The injector return line goes back to the filter head and has a check valve before it enters the pressurized dirty side of the filter.

I’m getting ready to build my fuel system and I am curious if there is any benefit to plumbing the return line back to that spot or if t’ing into the return line to the tank is best. Does it need to return to the factory location where there is pressure from the lift pump? With the check valve I’m not sure if it has any effect anyways. Help me understand.

I always run the Vulcan 12 valve fuel system upgrade lines on my 12 valves. It T's into the return line and back to the tank, on the earlier screw on filter setup, I always run the napa 3395 filter with lower micron filtering and no water separator, never had a problem, also never realized there was a check valve on injector return line, unless you are referring to the overflow valve on the return side of the injection pump?

The Bolt holding the injector return line on the filter housing seems to be some kind of ball valve. For preventing a major leak if the injector return cracked maybe? Which makes me wonder why they didn’t just t into the return to tank. No real pressure in that hose.

Over thinking the whole thing I know but I’ve been curious.

I have some of these fittings that would allow me to do it the same as factory. Just wondering now if it might not be easier and cleaner to just route it back to the tank. And possibly safer haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 0
No real advantage on returning injector return fuel back to the filter other than sending a little warm fuel to the filter to prevent gelling on cold days

Thanks. Warm fuel sounds like a possible reason it would have come that way from the factory.

I believe I will plan to route it back to the tank.

Anyone need a Vulcan big line kit with tapped fittings? Haha

Back