Old 02-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #21
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyEdition View Post
Meaning not stock.

I was just referring to the mechanical differences of V8 vs L6. The 5.9L and 6.7L Cummins are a lot harder on drive train components. One less power pulse per rotation, larger pistons, more torque lower in the rpm range, etc. I 've seen a couple 12v's (I know, not CR's. ..) bust up the Alison pretty nicely. Expensive unit to rebuild. I never much got into the Aisin or 68RFE yet but I just meant to say there's more to it than Dodge just can't make or get a decent trans.

We've got a local shop that can tune the 68RFE pretty decently. They tuned one up for a buddy of mine and he says he has no complaints. Regular tow machine on a 34' gooseneck. 150hp tune but only has around 100,000 kms on the new trans tuning though so reliability remains to be seen.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
After 20 years of using the Cummins and watching it eat autos, they designed the 68 from scratch and gained virtually nothing. The Allison works very well for a duramax and the 6r works great for Ford, while the 68 doesn't work well anywhere. They feel confused and mushy and won't survive anything over stock power levels.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk