pistons for 2000hp

Just run stock pistons and tool steel pins. A top of the line race engine will want to be stripped and checked at the end of every season. Just put in new pistons every tear down or every second tear down. That gives you peace of mind for the next season and still allows you to street drive it.

Tool steel pins and stock pistons is what i planned on using but since the build may see over 1500hp i was concerned about the abuse they can take at higher rpm, boost, cylinder pressure due to cam, and amount of heat/abuse they can take so im looking for better options. I have no concern in pulling the head and pan and popping them out to inspect after a while just dont want to be buying a 2-3k $ set of pistons and be replacing sleeves often if they make contact. This truck wont be daily driven nor be considered a reliable or realistic means of transportation. I havent spoke with anyone who has pushed stock pistons over 1500hp. Many at 1200hp and close.

Just go with the D&J pistons. By the sounds of it Lavon has already put more miles on his set than your truck will probably see in the next 5 years so I think that would make them proven enough.

63890727.jpg

Sorry had to.

Back