View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #17
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_max View Post
i agree a modified flash file would be the best way to make good power but how much does it cost? cuz i believe that the original request was most cost efficient , which to me means whats the cheapest way. and as long as you have all the old flash files, which are not the latest epa flash files, im guessing that would be pretty cheap. just a guess cuz i dont know what pdi costs
The guy I know that does them charges $500 for an "in class" flash. Meaning if you "could" have had it done at Cat, like updating a 475 to 550hp. This is for an early non EPA flash. If you want something done that Cat would not do like flash a 435hp engine to 550/600hp. Or flash an MBN motor with a 6NZ/7CZ file it's like $800. PDI is quite a bit more but for some engines like the Acert there isn't a pre-EPA file so you have to go custom. Also if you want to delete ALL the emissions junk off a Cat/Cummins/Detroit custom is the only way to go.

PM me if your interested in the 600hp modded file and I'll give you more info.

PDI prices have recently went up because of the cost of making the tuning tools so dealers could flash the custom files instead of having to send the ECM to be done.