High rpm miss sputter and in left turns

jandaso

We have a 1999 stock 24v 5.9 Cummins. We have been dealing with a problem that really got us baffled.

The truck idles fine and with no load (empty bed) the truck goes find at WOT until it gets pass 2000rpm. After that the truck sputters/bogs out and makes pooping noises. There is visible white smoke. Now the curve ball. It will do this on high acceleration and turning hard left. With load the truck does the same things rpm goes down and up and jerks. The truck does not shut down or complete dies.

We have done the following

Apps noise cancellation
New set of inyectors DAP
new lift fass factory placement pump
Reset apps
Crankshaft sensor replaced

Does anybody has a way to figure what it could be. The truck is giving out 0 codes.

Might try unplugging the alternator. Mine made my a/c quit above 1600 lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had truck that done this awhile back ,pulled my hair out. Ended up the plug on the vp the connections that the vp pins went into had relaxed a little. Took a pick got them back like they was supposed to be ran like a top. I could also wiggle the plug with it running and it go to missing and it even died once.

Have you checked fuel pressure when this happens? I've seen lots of bad supply pump harness connectors and wires that may cause this type of issue. Put a gauge on at the inlet to the injection pump and drive it.

I had a friend who cut his draw straw short on an airdog install and had the same issue, not saying its not electrical but watch your pump pressure for sure

Back