Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I'll be damned. Steerable lifts, huh? Never heard of them being steerable...but I ain't no end dumper either. LOL
They aren't "steerable" as much as they're self steer. They're pretty much a steer axle with the trail set so they follow, but will turn to take some side load off of stuff. They sound great but they tend to wear and then flail about and kill tires.

9dea69c569f2ebf559e851a1ea6f0b09.jpg
d5900d58bf09b070dd764b94a2e55473.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Are the reaction bar types any better than the ones with a tie rod?
I had a Watson and chalin (Hendrickson now) with the reaction rod that they kept turning with it down and beat the bushings out of it. Big warranty steaming pile.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Are the reaction bar types any better than the ones with a tie rod?
I had a Watson and chalin (Hendrickson now) with the reaction rod that they kept turning with it down and beat the bushings out of it. Big warranty steaming pile.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nope pretty much all crap. To let you know how amazing they are, Ontario Canada and their dumbarse SPIF requirements made it so you can’t lift an axle to turn so everyone went with steerables. But that wasn’t stupid enough, they don’t even allow them to lift to back up so all the multi-axle trailers now have to have locks on the steerables to keep them from destroying themselves when you back up.

Interesting. Looks like something that could fail and drive your trailer right off in the ditch. How do they "sense" the trailer is turning so that they sorta steer themselves? Do the "locks" actuate from the back-up signal wire?

Interesting. Looks like something that could fail and drive your trailer right off in the ditch. How do they "sense" the trailer is turning so that they sorta steer themselves? Do the "locks" actuate from the back-up signal wire?

Only 3-4 axles of an 8 axle trailer steer so it can’t do anything other than shred tires. I don’t know if they use the backup wire or just sense off the abs.

Beside me pumping fuel yesterday.
7c447bb5a744996398052bf60880e220.jpg

*edit he wasn’t pumping fuel he was tying up the pumps to send a fax. Perfectly reasonable.

Last edited:

If only the front axle on a 3 or 4 axle trailer is a steerable, they work ok. The tandem steerables are ok as long as everything is kept in good condition. Most companies though its too much to ask havin good kingpins, tie rod ends, stabilizers ect on it. I pulled a 40ft end dump with wore out dual steetables and numerous times it phucked up on me. The axles actually start going against each other and could potentially put you off the road. I used to have a 4 axle with only the leed axle steerable, with everything kept in good working order it was very nice.

Lol you know his sweatpants are tucked in the boots because “the purdy parts are at the top”

The last time I saw that boy, the "purdy parts" he said were on the bottom. Them MO cowboys must like them quilted boots. :hehe:

Where ya at BRE? It's no fun giving you schidt if you aren't here to enjoy it. LOL

I’m here!

Yea I turned in my flip flops but I’m wearing my house shoes now so it’s kinda the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have to vent, to anyone hauling stuff on a trailer behind your pickup. If you have to drive 35-40mph or less on a state highway so whatever your hauling doesn’t fall off your trailer try strapping your phuking load down.

If we can keep these dominos on the trailer at 70mph on Michigan roads you can certainly secure your chit!
7f7019c57ed6d4e3cb628be398d192e5.jpg

Seems I get behind a new ahole every day. I’ve got a stack of skidded coils on the front of my trailer wrapped in slick paper and dripping oil, guess i should take the chains off and drive 10mph.

Last edited:
I have to vent, to anyone hauling stuff on a trailer behind your pickup. If you have to drive 35-40mph or less on a state highway so whatever your hauling doesn’t fall off your trailer try strapping your phuking load down.

If we can keep these dominos on the trailer at 70mph on Michigan roads you can certainly secure your chit!
7f7019c57ed6d4e3cb628be398d192e5.jpg

Seems I get behind a new ahole every day. I’ve got a stack of skidded coils on the front of my trailer wrapped in slick paper and dripping oil, guess i should take the chains off and drive 10mph.

Quit yer biatchen. Pickup haulin is where its at.

Attachments

• IMG_00311.jpg
    IMG_00311.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 0
Back