Long internal snap ring pliers- what's your favorite ?

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I have several pairs of typical length pliers, internal , external, heavy duty. I'm tired of fighting the internal snap rings in 47/48 trans overdrive cases especially the 47rh output shaft and governor snap rings.

There is a snap on truck in the area other than that I'll be looking at ordering a a pair. Anybody have any links to some they like ? Thanks

I bought several snap on pliers off ebay. They seem to be the best for me. Those rings can sometimes be frustrating.

Nothing specific, but snap on has the best snap ring pliers in my experience, and avoid anything with replaceable tips.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Knipex. I use snap ring pliers all day everyday. I have snap-on, mac, cornwell, knipex, you name it. The only ones that consistently hold up are knipex. You wouldn't believe how many snap-on and mac pairs I have with the tips ripped off from tiny journal bearing snap rings. Yes I know they have a lifetime warranty. I cannot be without them though, hints the multiple brands and multiple pairs. My knipex have never let me down.

I've never tried the knipex ones, but everything else I've tried of their's has been awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have several sets of Knipex pliers, I haven't seen their line of long nose snap ring pliers though. Do they make them? Either which way very quality company, and my snap-on Guy sells on the truck and I can warranty mine threw him. Yes I pay a markup on it but the convince of every Friday is worth it.

I'll look for some knipex online and check with the snap on guy. I found a larger pair of proto pliers at a local hardware store.

Back