Firepunk Porcupine

I'm very interested in the porcupine. I've been considering a 48re swap in my 2014 for a while. But now you've really piqued my interest with the possibility of an Allison swap. Do you have any more details on this possibility? What about the hard parts to do an Allison swap on a 2013+ Cummins with 4x4. Is that something Firepunk may build in the future also? I looked into this a while back but the only place that made an adapter for the 2013+ T-case was CumminsAllison conversions. Cummins Allison conversions wouldn't sell just the adapter either. You had to buy their entire setup and I've heard bad things about their stand alone controller. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lavon pays you the big bucks to figure that out!

Now to the bigger issue, how many 68s have you seen not suffer as a result of the electronics being the issue and not the hard parts?

I haven't noticed a trend so I really can't comment.

I'm very interested in the porcupine. I've been considering a 48re swap in my 2014 for a while. But now you've really piqued my interest with the possibility of an Allison swap. Do you have any more details on this possibility? What about the hard parts to do an Allison swap on a 2013+ Cummins with 4x4. Is that something Firepunk may build in the future also? I looked into this a while back but the only place that made an adapter for the 2013+ T-case was CumminsAllison conversions. Cummins Allison conversions wouldn't sell just the adapter either. You had to buy their entire setup and I've heard bad things about their stand alone controller. Thanks in advance

Firepunk's in-house focus is 48RE swaps for 2009+ Ram trucks. The Allison and 4R100 swap support was developed based on requests by external companies. Once these swap products are in production, I'll update this thread.

Man that was easy!!

So what you're saying is that you'd want a cheap 68 controller that would let you replace the TCM in your 2008 and have the best of both worlds?

I

So what you're saying is that you'd want a cheap 68 controller that would let you replace the TCM in your 2008 and have the best of both worlds?

To bypass the TCM and it's adaptive nature would be amazing!

That's the worst part, every new key cycle the 68 can feel like a different trans.

To bypass the TCM and it's adaptive nature would be amazing!

That's the worst part, every new key cycle the 68 can feel like a different trans.

Every reflash of the H&S OD tune is nice...for about a week...then it goes right back to being a sluggish turd. :( Adaptive horse schidt. It'd be nice to punch the go-pedal in 6th and have it stay locked and take off instead of hammering 5th gear and wrapping to redline and not move at all.

Every reflash of the H&S OD tune is nice...for about a week...then it goes right back to being a sluggish turd. :( Adaptive horse schidt. It'd be nice to punch the go-pedal in 6th and have it stay locked and take off instead of hammering 5th gear and wrapping to redline and not move at all.

Exaaaaaactly!

So does the porcupine only work with a firepunk built trans and their tuning to allow everything to function properly? I assume the trans builder wouldn't matter you'd just need the porcupine and anteater to allow everything to work?

So does the porcupine only work with a firepunk built trans and their tuning to allow everything to function properly? I assume the trans builder wouldn't matter you'd just need the porcupine and anteater to allow everything to work?

Lavon definitely has the most experience with Porcupine tuning. But I'd venture to say there's others that could handle it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't noticed a trend so I really can't comment.

Firepunk's in-house focus is 48RE swaps for 2009+ Ram trucks. The Allison and 4R100 swap support was developed based on requests by external companies. Once these swap products are in production, I'll update this thread.

Yes sir!!

It's always good news when a new product ships. :) The Porcupine 68RFE smart box is now available for 4r100 swapped trucks. Developed in conjunction with Brian @ TSD, the device allows for complete functionality with OEM 68RFE wiring and piggybacks the PCS control harness. It requires power, ground and three inline connections to the range sensor. Pricing is available momentarily on shop.firepunk.com.

Sweet. Yet another option for the punk asses to install if my 68 ever goes tits-up and I leave my truck on their door step. The day is coming.....never know when....but it's coming. :D

Nope. When it dies...I fully intend to visit #HobbieLand. My only concern is getting the heap up there.
Surely the dump truck could haul it, oh wait, you'd have to actually finish it first!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Surely the dump truck could haul it, oh wait, you'd have to actually finish it first!

Do the letters...FO mean anything to you?

attachment.php

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
Back