Tach quit

tinkertoy

My tach had problems before I tore engine apart and after putting back together it isn't working again! I don't have check engine light do to busting bulb while it was ppumped, but truck doesn't seem to loss power and have tried two new cam sensers. Truck is and 01 and before it would stop working for 5 seconds to 5 minutes!

Truck is vp again and I'm wondering if my cluster is going bad, has anyone had this problem?

And I didn't get a chance to pull codes yet, but like I say it runs good!

It had this problem before but I did go with a different housing and gear but they looked the same, yeah the older housing is for 98-00 if I remember correct! I'll run numbers on housing to make sure I got a late one but how do u tell what gear I have it looked the same thought!

The early gear has a single window. The later gear has multiple windows. Pop the cam sensor out and take a look.

Gear is correct then, but I was going to cross numbers on housing but the guy I bought off took the tag off. I'm bout positive it's the right one because I would have ask what year it came off I would think but it's been like two years or so seems I bought it!

Like I said it did this after I swapped back to vp but it ran fine, no limp mode! I kind of hoping the gauge is problem?

Just took cam out and changed housing and gear is all I did this time!

Back