A+ customer service but longevity?

I've had the same issues from FASS as I have with my airdogs. I don't know if anyone makes a bullet proof fuel system?

My old ad150 has been going 8 years but it's gotten weaker to where it won't hold pressure under heavy fueling. I did have it replaced the first month I had it from the motor being louder than he11 but the replacement has been good since. Guess I lucked out the second try to get one that lasted this long by the sounds of it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Received the new motor today I'll put it on by the end of the week and I'll be sure to post next time I have issues. I had a full Waterman fuel set up to go in with the new engine but reality made me sell the go fast parts when I needed a welding truck instead of a race truck. The one thing I should have kept was the waterman.

Belt or gear driven fuel pumps seem to be where it's at in my opinion. Straight cut gears lubed by fuel and a pump that's ran off the engine itself leave little to go wrong with them.

Last edited:
I think a lot of circumstance applies to the longevity of these pumps. I have had two vp trucks over the years with airdogs and they had zero issues for years. I just purchased a wrecked vp truck this week and the air dog got smashed. Put two new filters on it and it works perfectly.

I think a lot of circumstance applies to the longevity of these pumps. I have had two vp trucks over the years with airdogs and they had zero issues for years. I just purchased a wrecked vp truck this week and the air dog got smashed. Put two new filters on it and it works perfectly.

I know quite a few people with VP and CR trucks that have had no issues at all. Seems like the higher pressure ones for p pumps have way more problems but idk

My fass 150 is over 10 years old now,it holds pressure great on wot runs. But I'll be going with the fuel boss once it poops out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I just replaced a fuel boss with a FASS at my shop that had failed, so there is nothing bulletproof, except it seems a stock pump.

When I had my 05 I used to do an airdog motor every year to year and a half on it... I seriously had the truck 6 years and went through 4 motors. Thank god for the lifetime warranty, there was never any questions asked, but the last time they asked if I wanted to go to the 4g pump. So far that pump has been going well for 2 years with the new owner. The truck never let me down or left me stranded, but it would start getting REALLY loud, and it happened within a week or so.

They all have their issues as do most anything electric. Fass and AirDog you will hear about the most because they are by far the two most popular.

I just replaced a fuel boss with a FASS at my shop that had failed, so there is nothing bulletproof, except it seems a stock pump.

When I had my 05 I used to do an airdog motor every year to year and a half on it... I seriously had the truck 6 years and went through 4 motors. Thank god for the lifetime warranty, there was never any questions asked, but the last time they asked if I wanted to go to the 4g pump. So far that pump has been going well for 2 years with the new owner. The truck never let me down or left me stranded, but it would start getting REALLY loud, and it happened within a week or so.

What went wrong with the fuel boss ?
I am thinking of going with one.

3rd airdog died yesterday. This time i drove it 10 miles. Called Airdog and they have nothing to say but we have absolutely no problems with the 4g pumps I'm the only one. When you google airdog 4g and it's all problem threads. ****ty products and bad customer service?? Then they want my credit card number to even send me another motor. Warrantied for life my ass. He says it's a truck issue not their pump. So I said well what can I check it's 2 wires from the battery to the pump and it's a mechanical engine, no response he basicly ignored me and continued to ask for my credit card......*bdh*

I have a VP that I want to feed, I'm leaning toward hydraulic drive due to all the electric pump horror stories. Hydraulic pump on the engine, two lines going back to a hydraulic motor at the fuel tank, fuel pump coupled to the hydraulic motor. It sound ridiculous, but it should work and be dead reliable.

Everyone that I have fixed had a bad seal, but i've never taken apart a 4G. Pop the motor off and see what's going on. If the motor is filling with fuel I don't see how the truck could cause that...

This motor died electrically it burns fuses as soon as you plug the motor into the "harness". And I asked airdog how they test it and they said we put the pump on our set up and pump fuel. I would think they would be slightly more advanced. I'd like to take this one into the engineers at work before I send it in and actually find the problem. All their pumps die there's a flaw in their design.

This motor died electrically it burns fuses as soon as you plug the motor into the "harness". And I asked airdog how they test it and they said we put the pump on our set up and pump fuel. I would think they would be slightly more advanced. I'd like to take this one into the engineers at work before I send it in and actually find the problem. All their pumps die there's a flaw in their design.

They will do that if the motor is full of diesel too. I've have had them fry fuses instantly, pull the motor apart, clean out the diesel, replace the seal and they are good to go. I would check it out just to see if they are blowin smoke.

I don't know if I want to risk pulling it apart and having them say it can't be warrantied because I tampered with it. They claim the problem is the wire harness. I resistance checked it and checked voltage and all was good but Wednesday I'm supposed to have a new harness and pump. Pump I'll have to pay for if they prove mine works magically.

Back