1990 d100 2wd ext cab. Possible 4bt 6 speed swap

Well this build kinda got shoved aside for a while with drive shaft issues. Either drive shafts were to short or have a 3" shaft and no yoke for 1480 joint. I finaly found a 3" yoke for a 1410. Then I found a combo u joint 1410-1480. So this build should be firing up again soon

Well this build kinda got shoved aside for a while with drive shaft issues. Either drive shafts were to short or have a 3" shaft and no yoke for 1480 joint. I finaly found a 3" yoke for a 1410. Then I found a combo u joint 1410-1480. So this build should be firing up again soon

Looking forward to seeing it come together.

20190305_183031.jpg

Ok this is the next battle im headed for. Im going to swap the under hood wiring harness from the 90. To a harness from an 84. To clean up the mess that the crack head left for me and get rid of the computer bs.

Does any one have a pin out for a 90 to the older ones. So i know which wires i need for sure.

why not swap the whole harness and the put a 1 wire Alt on it and Not worry .the Early pcm doesn't control much and it would be Plug and Play . Be sure to change dash harness also.That way you know the wiring will match .

20190416_233323.jpg

20190416_233303.jpg

20190416_233520.jpgSorry just seen this. There are so many more wires from the fire wall plug that look to be plug and play like I was hoping to run the 85 hood harness. You would have to swap dash and hood harness to make that work. I have another 90 harness I'm pulling and using what I need and scrap the rest.

I built the new drive shaft the boy is looong lol. So glad to find the neapco company. They made it easy to compete the drive line with There products.

I hope to see the truck move this weekend. Here is what the truck is looking like these days. And the drive shaft I built.

Well plans have changed. Realizing I have to many projects. I have got to get rid of some stuff and quit starting a project before another is done.

This ol truck is now forsale.

Back