Scotch Locks

Headcase98002

Anyone ever have any issues with the Scotch Lock connectors corroding and causing issues? I would never have thought to see them used by professionals.... :hehe:

I use Wire Nuts in household wiring, but let me rephrase my first post. While installing a new AirDog I noticed the wiring harness too short, so while undoing the harness to get another 14" out of it, I saw a Scotch Lock connector under the wire loom.

I always put a dab of silicone when ever I use the connectors that are exposed to the elements.

Scotch locks are the biggest pos things ever invented. Farmers and people in georgia love them and then ***** when nothing works right on their truck, trailer, or equipment after a couple months. Then they get really pissed when you send them a bill for removing said scotch locks and repairing correctly. "hell, I could have fixed it for five bucks with some scotch locks if I had known it was a wiring problem..." My above statement is not intended to offend farmers or georgians, I have just done a bunch of work for a company from georgia and scotch locks are like ticks on all their stuff.

Jay

Back