Is the 48 swap a good fit for my setup?

blackmega3500

I love my 68, with thed porcupine available making the swap less chaotic..... what's to be expected from a daily drivability stand point.

Why is this in the Ecodiesel forum?
Cause the OP is a phucking tool bag. :hehe:

ha ha this made me laugh

I love my 68, with thed porcupine available making the swap less chaotic..... what's to be expected from a daily drivability stand point.

I'm guessing you're going to get a pretty well built 48re. The lowest and highest gears are very comparable, so initial accel and cruising feel shouldn't change, but I know my built 47re feels a lot more 'race-ish' all the time, no mater what I do (short of dropping the pan/VB and adjusting it).
I feel like I can abuse the living Hell out of my 47re without anything ever happening, and I don't think I'll ever feel that way about a 68rfe.

All that said, I love how tame my 68rfe is when I'm daily driving it, and can switch to a hard shifting trans on the fly. I wouldn't trade it unless I was building a race truck.

:Cheer:

Why is this in the Ecodiesel forum?

Good question lol! Oops! I know when I posted it the server froze up and had to redo it so must've clicked wrong one. I'm not surprised!

Cause the OP is a phucking tool bag. :hehe:

Beats the hell out of being a goat teabagger! :lolly:
images

ha ha this made me laugh

I'm guessing you're going to get a pretty well built 48re. The lowest and highest gears are very comparable, so initial accel and cruising feel shouldn't change, but I know my built 47re feels a lot more 'race-ish' all the time, no mater what I do (short of dropping the pan/VB and adjusting it).
I feel like I can abuse the living Hell out of my 47re without anything ever happening, and I don't think I'll ever feel that way about a 68rfe.

All that said, I love how tame my 68rfe is when I'm daily driving it, and can switch to a hard shifting trans on the fly. I wouldn't trade it unless I was building a race truck.

:Cheer:

This is exactly the dilemma I'm facing!

Good question lol! Oops! I know when I posted it the server froze up and had to redo it so must've clicked wrong one. I'm not surprised
atleast you didn't admit fault. That's all that really matters, right?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

That's funny that it filters cuss words out of link addresses that aren't even visible to you after being posted!

Back