Diy nitrous progressive controller.

Jordan Koehn

Has anyone here ever made one? I've been looking at the NX maximizer 4 and its looks pretty sweet but I don't like the price tag and I wouldn't need some of the options.

I have a geek friend that is very smart in all things electronic so one wouldn't be hard to put together. I just wonder if there's something I'm missing.

I'd prolly try use the TPS signal and boost. And maybe a timer for a second stage. What sensor to use for the boost could be a problem. Idk just thinking out loud. If I could make one for around $100 I'd be game.

Sent from my LG pad

Very easy. The way I would do it is using a 3 bar map sensor and an arduino uno board with relays. The map sensor goes between 0 and 3 volts just like a small potentiometer. It would be easy to program it. You could set it up like..10psi 1st stage water/meth, 20 psi 2nd stage, 30psi something else...then at max boost go valet mode to cut fuel you get the idea. There are charts that show what pressure correlates to what voltage. Total parts cost probly like 50 dollars. You could also do it with a potentiometer which would go off of throttle angle. You could even mix in temperature or fuel pressure inputls. There are all sorts of wicked cool thing to do with arduino gizmos.

Jordan I stopped on my arduino project because my truck went down, but I think we talked a bit in another thread.

The one think I would change in what bogurt said, don't use relays. Use transistors tied to a PWM signal with variable nitrous noids
That way you can scale the nitrous for any requirement.

I ran out of resources quickly with the Uno. I would suggest the mega for future expandability.
I have an Uno right now and just ordered a USB host shield to I can tie an android to the controller.
That way, if you don't have my phone, you don't get kill mode.

At any rate, have fun with it and I will follow.

Monkey Fist Rage

I think I have a progressive controller I'm not using. I have the software for it also. PM me if your interested.

After battling for hours to get my Arduino to launch an android app on USB connect, the only thing I successfully did was kill me tablet. Loading 15 revision of the app with revised code probably want a good move, but oh well.

Buy a controller unless you are chitnutz

Monkey Fist Rage

Are you, perchance, from eastern NC?

Close enough. You mean there are code monkeys in NC?
SwiftKey is not my friend yet. I swype wasn't and it halfasses with want.
I'm hurt. I hoped you thought more highly of me then them purdy mouthd peoples.

Monkey Fist Rage

Last edited:
I know a few people who have used Snow W/M controllers for nitrous, also you can use Hobbes switches.

I like the iea of the controller, which version of the mega is the better one for a progressive n2o and water inj controller. I would love to design a controller for my water inj that would activate earlier than my current snow controller does.

I like the iea of the controller, which version of the mega is the better one for a progressive n2o and water inj controller. I would love to design a controller for my water inj that would activate earlier than my current snow controller does.

I would run the ADK if you intend to use android as a UI. You could code and add your own TFT display as an alternative to that.
I have had to sideline mine briefly again.

Monkey Fist Rage

I am thinking of getting a android based double din stereo unit so i can run torque scan on it and would be nice to use if as the display for the andruino

I am thinking of getting a android based double din stereo unit so i can run torque scan on it and would be nice to use if as the display for the andruino

That is some forward thinking. I was going to mount a tablet in a double din socket.
If you research, check to see if any of those head units support usb on the go

Monkey Fist Rage

looks like this is doable, not ordering any parts till i can source the sensors and figure out what kind of pump the snow kit uses. Seems the coding will be interesting, good thing i have a usable injection controller right now, probably be a long time till i figure this all out.

looks like this is doable, not ordering any parts till i can source the sensors and figure out what kind of pump the snow kit uses. Seems the coding will be interesting, good thing i have a usable injection controller right now, probably be a long time till i figure this all out.

What sensors are you after?
I may build an app front to give you an idea of what I'm thinking

Monkey Fist Rage

Back