Lets talk Floor Jacks!

CREED1

Throwed Off
Well I've had heartburn here recently over dang floor jacks I've had a pair of napa 3.5 tons for last 3 years or but just recently in last year really started having trouble with them leaking down etc.. No rebuild kits available so I'm told plus there heavy as hell. Last week I went to sears in search of a new one the only jack they had available in 3 ton or better was a $100 package deal with creeper and 2 jack stands I was in need to get by for the day so I bought it.. Granted it has a year warranty this thing is about as unsafe as they come and a big pos!!
So i guess my question I'm not against spending money on good shop tools so doesn't have to be dirt cheap but reasonable would be nice.. Something 3 ton or better and possibly aluminum to easily throw it in truck and take to races with us etc.

I bought a Sears 4 ton that bent like a pretzel after only a couple of uses at just over a year old. They told me to pound salt.

I have a 3 1/2 ton $200 ACDelco jack from Oreilly's. Had it for years. It has been used on all my dually trucks and my big trailers no issues....yet.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ACD9/34700/N0768.oap?ck=Search_N0768_-1_-1&pt=N0768&ppt=C0373

34700.jpg

I was at sams club the other day didn't even cross my mind to look for a floor jack there lol.. That AC delco looks similar to the napa jobs I have may have to give one them a try for around the shop and see what I can find in aluminum for track etc.

A buddy of mine has a harbor freight 3ton aluminum jack. Seems to work good the few times I borrowed it but it's only 15-20lbs lighter and 3 times the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arcan xl35 3.5 ton and low profils as well.. Costco gas then as well as northern tool.
I love mine. It will pick up either half of a rig Welding truck

Arcan xl35 3.5 ton and low profils as well.. Costco gas then as well as northern tool.
I love mine. It will pick up either half of a rig Welding truck

I actually looked at that one online earlier as well as a 3k alum. one same manufacturer.

We use a 4 ton harbor freight jack at my work. We have had it for at least 3 years and lift ammonia wagons all the time not to mention all our trucks. I think we got it for 89 bucks or so and have no complaints. It is heavy though

What Riv said. I bought an Arcan from Northern Tool when it was on sale, because it looked well built, especially for the price. It's an awesome jack for the price and I'll buy another one when I make it back to Northern.

I've got a 2-1/2 ton Crapsman unit that is just about to give up the ghost, seals are barely there and the rear swivel casters have to be manually oriented before lifting anything. I've had it for about 8 years and used the snot out of it so I guess it hasn't been that bad. Definitely not a fan of the new Craftsman stuff.

I think the replacement unit is going to be an Arcan XL35 but I think the $70 shipping from Northern is a bit salty.

If money were no object I'd be getting a Hein-Warner as I've seen multiple Hein-Warner jacks that were still going strong after decades of hard use. I just can't justify $550 for home use.

Back