Vp 6.4/6.7

chevota84

My 270,000mi vp truck ate the cam last week so I decided to do a complete rebuild on it. I know it's been talked about before but I can't see to find it. Anyway, how difficult is it to get the vp cover and accessories on a 6.7 block? I was thinking a 6.4 would be simpler but if I could run the 6.7 crank without too much trouble I'd prefer to do it that way. I think 6.7 liters would really help make power in the limited range of a vp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does your truck have a crank and cam sensor or just cam? If it has both a person would have to adapt the crank sensor to the front of the balancer

Block needs to be drilled and tapped for VP cover. Cover has to be lengthened at the bottom to meet oil pan and oil pan needs to be lengthened as well. If using a CR head you'll need Hailey's conversion connector tubes. I would go 6.7 to get the most cubes.

My head is pretty fresh and has o rings and a little port work done to it so I'd probably run it. I see some guys aren't drilling the steam holes and don't seem to have any problems.

My head is pretty fresh and has o rings and a little port work done to it so I'd probably run it. I see some guys aren't drilling the steam holes and don't seem to have any problems.

I never found anything reporting that there were heat issues. I sorta kinda forgot to drill mine.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

What caused the cam shenanigans?(besides lack of o.e.m bearings)
Upgraded valve springs and a cam, or just bad luck?
I would take a ve pump over your vp:stab:

Not sure, I was seeing how my new tires felt under power, drained the rotor and accidentally stuffed it in 3rd instead of 5th to get it restarted. It was violent enough to break both my traction bars, next day it started gaining lash.

Perfect. Take all from it you can at that point. Under hood harness, cam gear and controllers. Just need to figure out if you have a high line or low line ctm. As well as what his has.

This is what prompted the rebuild. #2 intake pushrod was bent and #2 exhaust had a broken tappet.
da28f5abbc563bf257b9b37bb155fd9b.jpg
26aac4f5b18986a50b7891b2a3498384.jpg
a2d1faedff7fac9563b86f666830fb7d.jpg
3556cc48dd23647a16c270f6b2db0175.jpg

Back