Looking for 9" advice

The wheels and tires I picked up through Summit. I went with the 4 link kit, there is somebody local to me that has a chassis shop who can help me set them up.

thats what i was thinking with the 4 link set up...... I want one i just have no clue how to dial a 4 link set up there is so many variables

thats what i was thinking with the 4 link set up...... I want one i just have no clue how to dial a 4 link set up there is so many variables

A ladder bar is lots simpler to install, adjust, cost is less, and can be set up to work very well. I see the 4-link a better choice and making more since in a light weight racer thats limited in rear tire size, so lots more fine tuning is available. Set up a ladder bar correctly however, and your biggest change in tune from time to time is going to be pinion angle, depending on track temp's and conditions.

Some ladder bar setup's have a adj. lower link and that really makes adj. at the track quick and simple, never have to pull those front bolts again to make heim joint adjustments.

Not too much. The frame is fully boxed in and welded. I should be able to start putting suspension components under it tomorrow. I'll try and get some pictures posted later.

Here are some pictures of the bracing. It's all welded up now. Suspension is up next.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

I bet you about wore out the tape measure these last few days. I know my tape hated me when I backhalved mine. Measure, measure, measure, measure, cut, measure, trim, measure, measure, tack, measure, measure, measure, weld, measure, measure, weld, measure, finish welding.

That's exactly right! Then have somebody else re-measure to double check your double double checks.

I have some axles coming, just waiting for the UPS Man. Once I can roll it around, it's getting loaded up, and headed out to get a cage.

I got the anti-roll bar installed today. Still waiting on axles...supposed to get shipped today.

0202111223.jpg

0202111222.jpg

only think thats looks out of place there is the lack of a wishbone, the single bar at your weight and TQ will flex too much and possibly bend IMO.

only think thats looks out of place there is the lack of a wishbone, the single bar at your weight and TQ will flex too much and possibly bend IMO.
Would you recommend panhard bar instead of a wishbone? I've recently advocated this and wouldn't mind a second opinion.

Back