07-15 6.7 Cummins High Pressure Fuel Kit

Here's some cab off pictures of a customer's truck so you can see the kit a little bit better.

Don't mind the SEMA gold!

Attachments

• belt.jpg
    belt.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image1 (1).jpg
    image1 (1).jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
So is this kot moving factory location lower?

Don't look like it does anything to factory location of cp3. They have just mounted there setup lower, below radiator hose. And It looks like remove of factory fuel canister, hence the need for aftermarket lift pump. Thank you dallas, kit looks great

Last edited:
Don't look like it does anything to factory location of cp3. They have just mounted there setup lower, below radiator hose. And It looks like remove of factory fuel canister, hence the need for aftermarket lift pump. Thank you dallas, kit looks great

That's right, the kit doesn't move the factory pump anywhere.

And yes, we highly suggest running an aftermarket lift pump.

That fuel dist. block is used IF you are running a non factory lift pump, although I see the recommend it, I don't think it's required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, I overlooked that. I know the bearing is stronger than the 5.9, but how is it compared to Dmax? Or is lowering the placement allowing less strain?

Lowering the pump allows for not having to reroute upper radiator hose. Makes the belt shorter and pulleys closers to other pulleys making less belt slap. I think some of other vendors early setups had experienced broken mounting and belt issues. That's why this kit sparks interest and is so cool

Lowering the pump allows for not having to reroute upper radiator hose. Makes the belt shorter and pulleys closers to other pulleys making less belt slap. I think some of other vendors early setups had experienced broken mounting and belt issues. That's why this kit sparks interest and is so cool

It's not a kit weakness.... it's the cp3 shaft bearings.

It's not a kit weakness.... it's the cp3 shaft bearings.

Shaft bearings may be some but not all. It's no big secret that a long belt slapping creates problems. That's why some have redesigned and strengthened brackets in dual kits. If it was shaft issues why wouldn't the steel brackets remain without issues?

Shaft bearings may be some but not all. It's no big secret that a long belt slapping creates problems. That's why some have redesigned and strengthened brackets in dual kits. If it was shaft issues why wouldn't the steel brackets remain without issues?

It's the strength of the bosch unit.

This is why most kits have always used lb7 or lbz pumps in duals. Even cores hold large value since the demand is greater for builders.

I guess we use special 6.7 pumps because we have a few hundred kits out between our Ford 6.7 and LML dual fuelers without a single CP3 bearing failure.

It's the strength of the bosch unit.

This is why most kits have always used lb7 or lbz pumps in duals. Even cores hold large value since the demand is greater for builders.

The reason they ran duramax pump was because they were known to flow more stock to stock. Something like 5% more flow. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm off.

I guess we use special 6.7 pumps because we have a few hundred kits out between our Ford 6.7 and LML dual fuelers without a single CP3 bearing failure.

Guess it's just that Canadian Foo Foo juice yall sprinkle on everything then.

The reason they ran duramax pump was because they were known to flow more stock to stock. Something like 5% more flow. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm off.

Ok so this is also why 5.9 guys like switching to 6.7 pumps the right....

Nope. Ask any actual pump builder out, LB7 and LBZ pumps have always been the gold standard due to the bearings.

It was also often the norm to switch the duramax fca for a cummins one since the dmax is a smidge bit sensative.

Not say the 6.7 cummins pump can't handle it, I just don't know how proven it is vs. what has been proven.

Back