6.7 cummins in a 2nd gen

Smart move going CM849, because I see a lot of the CM2100s with random failures and acting glitchy.
Plus the CM849s will reportedly rev higher.

Glad to see you're progressing. :cool:

Mark.

Trying to make this work

image_zpsn5b2gt2d.jpg

Since I was debating keeping the ac I swapped the 6.7 alternator/ac mount with the old 2nd gen ac/alternator mount on the side of the block, might have to swap back to the 6.7.

From my measurements as routed a 6.7 belt with no ac "K081102HD" should work.

Not enough wrap on a couple of pulleys. Belt will probably be loud.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Not enough wrap on a couple of pulleys. Belt will probably be loud.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

image_zpss4hc2xak.jpg

Looks ok to me, I couldn't get the supplied idler in the ats twin kit to fit. It's a little close to the power steer pump.

Next size up in a nice greenbelt is 1.5" longer so I'll try that. Soon I'm going to set the engine to see how it fits with the stock 6.7 engine mounts.

Why not just use 2nd gen mounts? Bolts up in stock location. Or are you wanting to move it?

Idk I've just glanced at the 2nd gen block and the 6.7 block and they look a lot different.

If I have to fab my own mounts I'd like to lower it 1" and move it back a few inches.

I'd definitely want more wrap on the cp3. Try and make a plate and smooth pulley to go where those three bolt holes are on the top of the gear case. I found old-ball sizes for my belt on Gate's website.
2nd gen mounts work just fine on 6.7 block. You will probably have to grind a little out of the slots on the frame mount, the truck I saw needed a little clearance there.

I'd definitely want more wrap on the cp3. Try and make a plate and smooth pulley to go where those three bolt holes are on the top of the gear case. I found old-ball sizes for my belt on Gate's website.
2nd gen mounts work just fine on 6.7 block. You will probably have to grind a little out of the slots on the frame mount, the truck I saw needed a little clearance there.

That's one of the things I was a little worried about. If the idler was there it would give it some more wrap.

I went on to gates and wrote down nearly every part number of 6.7 no ac to the dual fueler belt with ac.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to try setting it in today.

I dropped a 6.7 block into my '96 chassis a while back. Slides right in.

Trying to make this work

image_zpsn5b2gt2d.jpg

I can't help you make it work, but you have the right beer to make it so.

You also live around my old hood. Spent my childhood in Sonora Ca.

All them old cowboys around those parts only drink that marvelous beer.

Keep up the good work, I suppose is all I have to say.

I can't help you make it work, but you have the right beer to make it so.

You also live around my old hood. Spent my childhood in Sonora Ca.

All them old cowboys around those parts only drink that marvelous beer.

Keep up the good work, I suppose is all I have to say.

Love that part of the foothills, only an hour and change away from me. If your ever around stop by, I always got yellow cans in the fridge. Thanks bud

Back