Dirt cheap External Wastegate

A friend of mine just picked up 4 of them for his streamliner. Haven't had a chance to use them but they are seriously a nice piece. I wouldn't call them a chinese knock off but a high quality copy of more expensive Tial/JGS gates.

id like to try one out sometime. might just have to with the twins.

i'll be ordering one soon. After a lot of reading and searching through pages and pages of material ive decided the 44mm will be the best gate for my setup. i'll probably be able to give feedback in about a week and a half.

A buddy if mine had one on his mitsu, the diaphragm did fail, but a replacement from tial bolted right in without issue, and none since!

i'll be ordering one soon. After a lot of reading and searching through pages and pages of material ive decided the 44mm will be the best gate for my setup. i'll probably be able to give feedback in about a week and a half.

what turbo setup you gona be goin with now?

what turbo setup you gona be goin with now?

Most likely a 66-74-12 non gated. I want something i can bolt in for the march 10th desert diesel nationals in wittman arizona. Since im living away from home in an apartment complex i need something more bolt in. I do have a good portion of my twins built, i just cant finish them before the race :banghead:

Keep us updated on how they work. I would like to know also.

Android using Tapatalk (probably @ work)

Just put my order in for the GT 44mm gate 98$ and a boost controller valve 22$. Cant really beat that.

It says its adjustable to 29 psi. Would you have to add more springs to get it above that? Or how would you set it to gate at say 40 or 50 psi?

Thanks,
Jay

Ok. So do you still use springs or does that remote mount and does the springs Job? Not familiar with how these work.

Thanks
Jay

Ok. So do you still use springs or does that remote mount and does the springs Job? Not familiar with how these work.

Thanks
Jay

It cuts off the flow of air to the gate. So you can effectively shut the gate off by allowing no boost to the diaphram. Then adjust it by allowing it to only see partial boost. So the turbo may be making 50psi but the gate might be seeing only 35 or so.

Back