47re front band adjustment?

I absolutely don't like the idea of having to manually adjust the cable when making a lever like the one in the link is so much easier. I believe it only would take one time of flooring it at half or less line pressure to cause lots and lots of wear.

If you want to make one for a 24v work then yes I do but otherwise my 12v one is in use right now LOL

Like I said the lever is not pretty but it works and good so far! Pictures were taken under truck with lever installed. They came out ok and you can get a good enough idea of what I did. Between my ghetto lever and the pictures Brad posted up should be pleanty to make one of your own.

tvlever003.jpg

tvlever002.jpg

tvlever001.jpg

tvlever005.jpg

tvlever004.jpg

I still dont get whats going on.... It has some sort of spring right?

Yes, it has a torsoinal spring. The t.v. lever is cut in two. The bottom half is the part which fastens to the transmission. The top half is the part which fastens to the t.v. cable. The top half pivots on a shaft I welded to the bottom half with the torsional spring applying tension to the top half away from the pulling direction of the t.v. cable.

The idea is you can set the t.v. lever to stop 1/3rd, 1/2, 2/3rds, etc. away from the idle position and not lose the full stroke of the throttle pedal. When the t.v. lever reaches the max line pressure position on the transmission the torsional spring allows the top half of the t.v. lever to continue its travel even farther via pivoting around the shaft even though the bottom half can travel no farther. This avoids limiting the stroke of the throttle pedal. The spring applies tension to make the t.v. lever semi rigid prior to that breakover point.

In short, this modification would be the same as adjusting the TV cable so tight that the TV lever on the transmission is at the 50% throttle position when the actual truck throttle is still at the idle position.

Truck Throttle vs. Trans Throttle

0% = 50%
25% = 75%
50% = 100%
75% = 100% plus break-a-way lever moves 25%
100% = 100% plus break-a-way lever moves 50%.

The advantage is that you get the higher tranny throttle pressure before the motor is making power, this helps increase the torque holding capacity of the tranny.

Second advantage is that you can then custom tune the throttle of the tranny to clean up shifting issues.

On a pure race truck, just wiring the throttle lever on the tranny at full throttle is easy and works better.

On a daily driver, it's hard to get smooth shifts with a "wired" tranny throttle.

OH. I finally get it! thanks nick and will for that explanation! For now I will wire it most of the way forward.....got a prom date this thing needs to run for. After prom I will worry more about getting it setup correctly

Nice to see you guys are getting the idea. Its a great way of custom tailoring your part throttle shifts.

What's your opinion on doing this to a DD?

I'm not Brad so I can't speak for him, but I believe the whole reason he invented the custom spring break-a-way lever was for daily driver transmissions.

On a 1/4 mile race transmission setup, there is no reason, that I know of, to use a throttle valve, WOT is best for racing.