Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 01:13 PM   #1
ramtough01

Name: ramtough01
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
lucas oil ppl

Anyone at the banquet last nite? Was announced no more lucas oil part of ppl or no more PPL? I havent gotten a straight answer yet

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 11-20-2022, 02:27 PM   #2
Meyers Farms

Name: Meyers Farms
Member`s Gallery
I was not at the banquet. Best I can tell from another site is that Lucas Oil pulled out. Apparently this was a planned deal and they already have somebody else taking over. Supposedly the announcement is coming soon.

Old 11-20-2022, 02:41 PM   #3
ramtough01

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers Farms View Post
I was not at the banquet. Best I can tell from another site is that Lucas Oil pulled out. Apparently this was a planned deal and they already have somebody else taking over. Supposedly the announcement is coming soon.
Kinda what I figured. But already seeing people be like there will be no more ppl.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 11-21-2022, 07:45 AM   #4
Meyers Farms

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtough01 View Post
Kinda what I figured. But already seeing people be like there will be no more ppl.

You know how the rumor mill gets rolling.......pulling is no different.....probably worse sometimes

Old 11-21-2022, 09:50 AM   #5
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Member`s Gallery
My understanding is Lucas Oil is no longer a owner or sponsor of PPL. PPL is looking for additional sponsors and all classes are limited to 14 hooks next year but PPL is not done.

Old 11-21-2022, 03:47 PM   #6
ramtough01

Member`s Gallery
Lucas Oil Pro Pulling

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 11-21-2022, 05:58 PM   #7
Meyers Farms

Member`s Gallery
So that makes it sound just like 95 said. Lucas Oil will pull out but PPL will go on.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:23 AM   #8
TCDiesel

Name: TCDiesel
Title: Home of the Gold Pumps
Member`s Gallery
If anyone (Or company) leaves the same people in Place, only a fool would take over PPL. The current direction of PPL caused Lucas Oil to kick PPL to the curb. Mr Mears your Reckoning has begun. PPL current leadership by holding hands with certain Supporters cause Many to leave PPL. Making rules that only support X companies Products while outlawing others caused the divisions that no longer could be overlooked at Lucas oil.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:49 AM   #9
TCDiesel

Member`s Gallery
I don't see any take over announcement, to my knowledge Lucas Oil was the parent owner of PPL, " Lucas Oil Products announced Monday it has decided to discontinue its ownership and operation the league" .

Old 11-28-2022, 10:18 AM   #10
takedown95

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDiesel View Post
I don't see any take over announcement, to my knowledge Lucas Oil was the parent owner of PPL, " Lucas Oil Products announced Monday it has decided to discontinue its ownership and operation the league" .
The Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League Series is done (in name) not the actual operation. Lucas Oil will no longer be the owner and operator. Obviously there are several items to be worked out but in my conversations with PPL Brass there are avenues to continue the general operation. Those avenues are yet to be announced.

Old 11-28-2022, 11:09 AM   #11
TCDiesel

Member`s Gallery
We will have to see how things pan out...I didn't care for PPL management, IMO the dirt's already on the PPL coffin, It will require a resurrection of PPL at this point.... Lucas oil CORP not foolish either , its likely Lucas sent out Private invitations for acquiring PPL. Seems clear to Me " Monday it has decided to discontinue its ownership and operation (of) league" No announcement on any future takeover, it's also speculation on My part that Lucas would still support , and be a BIG sponsor and advertiser with the new Organizer, promotor, Owner ETC.

Last edited by TCDiesel; 11-28-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Old 11-28-2022, 01:46 PM   #12
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Anyone think it may be because they don't want any liability for EPA pressure due to off-road-type vehicles not running emissions? That's what came to my mind....but I'm just an outsider with zero PPL experience or knowledge.

"There are people far less intelligent than you making a living doing this stuff." - Jeff Mumau

Old 11-29-2022, 11:12 AM   #13
takedown95

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
We will have to see how things pan out...I didn't care for PPL management, IMO the dirt's already on the PPL coffin, It will require a resurrection of PPL at this point.... Lucas oil CORP not foolish either , its likely Lucas sent out Private invitations for acquiring PPL. Seems clear to Me " Monday it has decided to discontinue its ownership and operation (of) league" No announcement on any future takeover, it's also speculation on My part that Lucas would still support , and be a BIG sponsor and advertiser with the new Organizer, promotor, Owner ETC.
The only thing I know for sure is that a group of private investors have reached out to PPL and Lucas Oil about a potential strategic partnership moving forward but nothing likely will happen before Jan 1. Announcing it now gives the opportunity for something to be in the works prior to the end of the year. As far as John and Kristi go, I have always had a good relationship with them and always appreciated everything they have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
Anyone think it may be because they don't want any liability for EPA pressure due to off-road-type vehicles not running emissions? That's what came to my mind....but I'm just an outsider with zero PPL experience or knowledge.
This has been speculated across many other forums and although a possibility, knowing the Lucas Family and some of their actions I would doubt that would scare them off. I think this was a pure financial decision but just speculation on my part.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:03 PM   #14
Meyers Farms

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown95 View Post
The only thing I know for sure is that a group of private investors have reached out to PPL and Lucas Oil about a potential strategic partnership moving forward but nothing likely will happen before Jan 1. Announcing it now gives the opportunity for something to be in the works prior to the end of the year. As far as John and Kristi go, I have always had a good relationship with them and always appreciated everything they have done.

This has been speculated across many other forums and although a possibility, knowing the Lucas Family and some of their actions I would doubt that would scare them off. I think this was a pure financial decision but just speculation on my part.
Hopefully they can work out a deal and keep things moving.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:46 PM   #15
TCDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown95 View Post

Everyone has their Opinion, If anyone acquires PPL it will require changes, I don't care how the changes Happen..... Mears clearly targeted our Products, Holding hands with our competitor. I have no problem with connections, It's when those connections are for sole propose of promoting 1 companies product(s). So ask yourself with this type of practice(s), can any promoter survive...... PPL did NOT....

Old 11-30-2022, 08:58 AM   #16
takedown95

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Everyone has their Opinion, If anyone acquires PPL it will require changes, I don't care how the changes Happen..... Mears clearly targeted our Products, Holding hands with our competitor. I have no problem with connections, It's when those connections are for sole propose of promoting 1 companies product(s). So ask yourself with this type of practice(s), can any promoter survive...... PPL did NOT....
Todd, can you expand on what you're stating above? Like any specific examples? I'm genuinely curious and concerned if this is happening. Feel free to PM me or text me, if you still have my number.

Old 11-30-2022, 09:27 AM   #17
TCDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Ok...here's my # 763-228-7121

Old 12-07-2022, 07:53 PM   #18
Meyers Farms

Member`s Gallery
Copied and pasted from another site:

We would like to thank everyone for the continued support the last few weeks and years.

Yes, the past few days have been a little unsettling, but after weeks of speculation, the Pro Pulling League is proud to announce the continuation of exciting pulling events under new ownership and partners for 2023 and beyond. We will have a transition period for the upcoming days, maybe weeks to transfer ownership. We can't thank the Lucas Family enough for their consideration.

We have asked for patience as pulling is a top priority for everyone involved.

We take great pride in the relationships we have built with promoters, competitors and fans over the years. The promoters and pullers that have been a part of Pro Pulling League for the past 17 years are considered family. We will offer them the same level of professionalism and high-quality shows that they have been accustomed to in previous years.

--

Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League
Kristi Asher | Series Director
Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League | ProPulling.com
PO Box 287 | Brownstown, IN 47220
812-216-4024 | kristi@lucasoil.com

Old 12-07-2022, 08:48 PM   #19
TCDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Big Deal..... If the new Sheriff in Town brings the same deputies... it will only be time before its Pride (*&^* all over again... Hmmmm Partners, The Only hope PPL has is a new Deal, that DOES NOT allow favoritism to anyone Company, Competitor(s) or sponsor(s).

Old 12-22-2022, 01:38 PM   #20
Meyers Farms

Member`s Gallery
From the PPL Office -

December 22, 2022, Sellersburg, IN - Pro Pulling League is proud to announce the continuation of exciting pulling events under new ownership 2023 and beyond.

Lucas Oil Products transitions from an ownership role to a sponsor of the largest pulling sanctioning body in the country, which enables them to maintain a high caliber presence in grass-roots motorsports.

This new group and business model will continue to cater to promoters and pullers alike. Kristi Asher and Johnathan Mears will continue their roles and responsibilities within the Pro Pulling League.

Series Director, Johnathan Mears offered, "We take great pride in the relationships we have built with promoters and pullers over the years. The promoters and pullers that have been a part of Pro Pulling League for the past 17 years are considered family. We will offer them the same level of professionalism and high-quality shows that they have been accustomed to in previous years. A schedule of events is forthcoming as well as introduction of new partners. Stay tuned."

The Pro Pulling League website and social media pages will be continued to be maintained in the same channels, so the pulling world can stay connected just as they always have.

Merry Christmas to all!"

Closed Thread