Sticky VGT.

If you sparky types would make it to where electricity can do anything without a thermal infarction we wouldn't need to involve coolant.

Using the coolant isn't the issue. Making no way to swap actuators without draining the entire system is stupid. Sounds like mechanical engineers got involved and were more worried about the donuts in the conference room. :hehe:

Bring some petcock banjo bolts to market.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

And I still blame the sparkies

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

And I still blame the sparkies

I mean....we put some components on the International Space Station hardware that can operate up to 80C....but a turbo is talking 10 times that operating temp at load.

Here's an idea....mount the circuit board somewhere else! Oh here's another good idea, let's bolt the ECM, the central hub for all engine control....RIGHT TO THE BLOCK so that it operates at 190F it's entire life and heat cycles up and down every single time you start your truck!!! I mean, you can't even make this shit up anymore. I don't think the sparkies are to blame, because who would understand electronics and their desire to run cool would do that? Special place in hell. I'm telling you. Seats are reserved. There is ZERO reason that ECM can't have a mass plug right where it that lengthens cables and mounts it to the firewall or fenderwell or even inside the cab. Zero.

Last edited:
Well, the battery drain issue fixed the exhaust brake for a while....totally in-op now. Must not have been a voltage thing after all. Went to take the fifth wheel camper to Dyno for Dex and no e-brake. I guess I'll drain the coolant, pull the actuator, and see if the vanes are free first. Hopefully it's just an actuator swap but we will see. Maybe one night this week I can dig into it.

Well, the battery drain issue fixed the exhaust brake for a while....totally in-op now. Must not have been a voltage thing after all. Went to take the fifth wheel camper to Dyno for Dex and no e-brake. I guess I'll drain the coolant, pull the actuator, and see if the vanes are free first. Hopefully it's just an actuator swap but we will see. Maybe one night this week I can dig into it.
No codes?

The funnest thing you can ever do is a second gen swap with no muffler and hook it to a big camper…

EVERYONE hates me when I pull in camp grounds or drive within 5 miles of their location. My neighbors loathe me! I however enjoy every minute of it cause I’m still a child.

I love my VGT. It performs well on the top and the bottom and it's decently quiet. Now, would I like a "tad" more, "look at me, I'm a 6.0L Ford and I whistle like a war plane at idle" sound....maybe just a tad. I'd rather just drop a Cheetah in her and be done but damn that $2300 turbo price.

I love my setup, however for old folks like you, I’m betting you’d be happier with a cheetah but idk. I’m around that 23k lb gross mark when I’m loaded and ready to roll with mine. Pulls well, stays cool both water and pyro on my heavy tow tune. Overall my combo just works well together as a whole, however your 6.7 and auto would def change things slightly.

Attachments

• IMG_3001.jpeg
    IMG_3001.jpeg
    966.2 KB · Views: 9
The funnest thing you can ever do is a second gen swap with no muffler and hook it to a big camper…

EVERYONE hates me when I pull in camp grounds or drive within 5 miles of their location. My neighbors loathe me! I however enjoy every minute of it cause I’m still a child.
I currently have a 5 inch exhaust no muffler with a he351(63/67) drop in. It's fun for short runs but man does it get annoying for a 12 hour drive. I full time RV and the people at the campground love hearing me pull in at 1-2am after work. I'll be looking for a muffler in the very near future.

I currently have a 5 inch exhaust no muffler with a he351(63/67) drop in. It's fun for short runs but man does it get annoying for a 12 hour drive. I full time RV and the people at the campground love hearing me pull in at 1-2am after work. I'll be looking for a muffler in the very near future.
On my 06 I had a resonator and it worked great to take the drone out but was still great sounding. The drone is what got me in my 06 when it was 5" all the way out no muffler.

I second the resonator on a straight piped truck. I run the short FTE on my '09 now. It's absolutely night and day on a 2nd gen setup. I don't think you will be disappointed @cetaneaddict .

I'm pretty heavy as well, not sure how much, but I'd guess around 25K gross. Run level 3 (street) setting on my MIni Maxx tuner 99% of the time and have zero cooling or pulling issues.

Reflection.jpg

It is absolutely the most awkward thing in the world.
I camped at 12 mile beach on the UP of Michigan. Primitive camp site, sounds of nature. I got there at like 10pm and left at 5:30am. Super awkward

Back