Anyone Run Big Compound Setup With a VGT High Pressure?

six_sloww

Looking for anyone that has run an upgraded VGT turbo with a GT55 or an S500..

I'm looking to compound a 66/70.5mm VGT but am undecided whether to go with a billet s484 or step up to an s588 or s591..

There is already a gate before the high pressure that would be plumbed into the intermediate pipe

looking to make 1000 on fuel.. But probably won't stop there

Last edited:
Also interested in this, I'm building a current setup with a s483 over 4094 vvt and curious what people are making for power, Danville told me mine should be capable of 1000 wheel

I've done a little more searching and it seems like 1000 wheel is definitely attainable.

I'm almost leaning towards the s588 just because nothing is ever enough..

1000HP is about the max you can do with a modded VVT twin set-up real world IMHO. Verlon, our sales tech has made many, many 950-1000hp dyno runs with that type of set-up. DP gets a bit out of control. It is possible, but need the supporting mods to make it.

1000HP is about the max you can do with a modded VVT twin set-up real world IMHO. Verlon, our sales tech has made many, many 950-1000hp dyno runs with that type of set-up. DP gets a bit out of control. It is possible, but need the supporting mods to make it.

Was the high pressure gated? What size low pressure?

My truck has made well over 1k on spray, I just want more fun all the time.

1000 really is respectable with a vgt.. I'm sure it feels stupid powerful with how fast it spools.

Last edited:
I had a DP 72 not the R version paired with an S483 , that setup was fun fun fun . It spooled quick . It dynoed 922 wheel on a stock intercooler . Went to big compounds which made more power but spooled way slower not near as fun to drive on the street . Doing triples now and trying to get back to that quick spool fun street drivability but with the big power of the large compounds .

I had a DP 72 not the R version paired with an S483 , that setup was fun fun fun . It spooled quick . It dynoed 922 wheel on a stock intercooler . Went to big compounds which made more power but spooled way slower not near as fun to drive on the street . Doing triples now and trying to get back to that quick spool fun street drivability but with the big power of the large compounds .

Did you have the 72 gated?

Back