2.6 turbo questions

ob6.6

I’m new to this and I want to take a stab at building a turbo myself. Looking at going with the gtx47, 50, or 55 but don’t have a clue what size compressor or turbine would go best with building a 2.6 turbo. Got a 1993 5.9, ported heads, mahle pistons, wagler rods, big pump, etc etc should turn 4500-5000rpm with ease. Just need to get the turbo figured out. Got money to burn so I’m no afraid to mess up, just looking for someone to point me in the right direction

If you get a look at the current big name turbos, you'll realize you can't compete in the compressor wheel department.
But if you are not after class leading power, it can be done yourself. Years ago when 3.0 smooth first came about, we bought a new precision pt7691 and had a machine shop make it map-less. It dynoed better than 2 other ones I was able to try so we ran it for a couple years. But in hindsight we'd been better off (power-wise) just buying from the big name turbo shops.
Current top level 2.6 and 3.0 turbos look like they are all gt50 and gt55 frame to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

88/96mm turbine is competitive in the 2.6" class, some use the GT50. Don't bother with a GT47 or GT55.

Back