Compression Ratio on built motors

There is mechanical compression ratio, and actual compression ratio.
Cam timing has a lot to do with it ,
And if you’re not turning your CR between 5000 and 5500 you’re going to have huge problems keeping it together.
A 2.6 puller needs between 18 and 19 to 1 , but that is only with a CR system. You have to have the cam timing and a correct intake manifold. This is why in the near future; you will not see anything competitive in the 2.6 class that is not CR. I would guess around 1100 hp will be the top of the pack .
The cam for this will be a 60 mm cam with a 1.85 rocker and .625 intake lift and 225 degrees on the intake, 216 on the exhaust with a 222 LSA .

Had 14.5:1 in My DD/Pull truck. Total pain in tha butt trying to get it to start in anything below 70*! Glad I got rid of it before the raly cold stuff came in!!!!

But I did learn that unless im building a strict 1500+HP Puller/Racer DO NOT drop the compression!!! Not worth the trouble, cost and driveability!!!!!

Comp, since you have dominated the drag racing aspect of diesel motorsports, you moving on to sled pulling now?

yes , a couple of 383 cid high end 2.6 motor programs ,
CR, ZZ individual runner manifold , 60 mm tool steel cam, big ratio rockers , 4.5 stroke 4.250 bore

my dragster is almost there and you might rethink you words , because that might look sill in a few months . you can laugh all you want , but in a few months , I plan on once again being the fastest diesel on the planet .

Back