mounting screen/computer in tool box

MegaCabRam

I have a krsc46 snap on box, my dad has the same box but it's set up for a verus scanner so it has a screen mounted on the flip up lid. All I need is a mounting bracket to mount a screen on mine but where I'm needing help is what kind of computer can I use? A all in one computers was my first thought but from what I've seen it doesn't look like you can mount them. So my only other idea is to put a smaller desktop computer in the bottom drawer, which I don't really want to do... anyone have ideas on how I could make this work?

Can't speak for all manufactures, but I do know some AIO PC's are wall mountable. Might have to purchase adapters or something, but they usually have some sort of VESA system built into them.

Last edited:
what exactly are you trying to do with the computer? If you are looking for small, yet powerful computers, the ones they use in small office environments are no bigger than a bible and do only what is needed.

would not a large screen tablet do all that you require? no matter what you do for a computer, your going to go with aftermarket speakers for the sound. So if your looking for a screen that can browse, run a few programs, and play music.... tablet....

A tablet would work but I don't think I could mount it on my lid... here's a pic of what I'm wanting to do

Screenshot_2014-11-23-20-24-52.png

And here's mine, it's already setup for a monitor I just have to buy a mounting bracket
20140113_160044.jpg

If I velcro a tablet to the lid of my harbor freight box it will look the same as what you just posted. Just saying.

You do not have to do what strap-on suggests necessarily to have the same effect. Tablet with some external speakers mounted up nice would be handy, cheaper, and probably better in the long run.

nice thing about the tablet route is if you are doing OBDII stuff, you can bring it into the vehicle.

you need a step by step, you bring it to the machine.

If I velcro a tablet to the lid of my harbor freight box it will look the same as what you just posted. Just saying.

You do not have to do what strap-on suggests necessarily to have the same effect. Tablet with some external speakers mounted up nice would be handy, cheaper, and probably better in the long run.

I agree completely Im looking at all options, for now I just set my laptop in the top of the box and it works fine, I would rather have it mounted, maybe I've just always bought the cheap stuff but I've never had any luck with velcro. Can you get a otter box or life proof type case for tablets?

Last edited:
Another issue is I've not been able to get pro demand to work right on android or iPhone and I'm assuming it would be the same on a tablet.

Back