Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 12:58 PM   #181
Cozze44

Name: Cozze44
Title: Junkman
Member`s Gallery
Gathering up some parts, need some help!

Got a little time in today, second battery cables installed, small fuel leak fixed, new rotors on the front and found out my rear brake line is rotted through while bleeding the front, but gonna save that for tmrw as I have no line here. Inching closer...Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14 Subaru Legacy Outback - Wifes ride - 70k
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Last edited by Cozze44; 10-20-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Old 10-24-2019, 07:22 AM   #182
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Rear line is in, just need to swap rear rotors and bleed the system. Yanked the Vacuum pump again last night because it's still seeping. Replacing it with a new Dorman pump, mine had 220k+ on it so i'm just gonna replace it. Pressed off the original pump gear and swapped it onto new pump as it was easier than retapping new holes for Keating fuel pump drive hub. Timing kit will be here today as well. I'm not 100% on the timing so im gonna reset it the proper way and tune from there... I grabbed a set of 181 dv's from Seth on Ebay for cheap. I know it seems asinine to go down in dv, however first priority is to tame it for street use, then fool with it from there to find a nice performance tune for pulls and drags.
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #183
zachu812

Name: zachu812
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I'd take smaller DVs any day if you've got enough pump to push the fuel you want, they make tuning and drive ability way better. For timing, I've always been a fan of finding LPC on the number one plunger in the pump then rotating the motor back to your desired timing.

Old 10-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #184
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachu812 View Post
I'd take smaller DVs any day if you've got enough pump to push the fuel you want, they make tuning and drive ability way better. For timing, I've always been a fan of finding LPC on the number one plunger in the pump then rotating the motor back to your desired timing.
Thank you for the reassurance! I feel like an idiot because this thing is wayyyy overbuilt for its intent, but I don't want this to be a smokey mess when using on the street. I'm gonna do the dial indicator method. I have a feeling it's to far advance. I did back it up 2 degrees on the adjustable gear the other day and it did help, so i'm betting so.
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 07:59 AM   #185
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
New Vac pump is in! For the first time in over 7 years my truck is no longer like driving around the Exxon Valdez. New rear rotors are on, however I did find my calipers are junk, luckily remans are pretty cheap. Those will go on tonight, then timing, then it is done! Time to schedule it in for the body shop for a repaint
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #186
56cummins

Name: 56cummins
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Cool build. Not many s477 around, how many blades on the compressor?

Old 10-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #187
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56cummins View Post
Cool build. Not many s477 around, how many blades on the compressor?
Thanks man, its a 6 Blade.
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 11:33 AM   #188
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Got the dvs swapped and brakes bled. Had everything buttoned up and ready to roll butttttt..... as I was letting it get warmed up here to give it its first real rip, the brand new vacuum pump I put on blew up. What a mess. Fortunately it didn’t seem to harm anything else, but that really sucks... gonna have to wait until next week...

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 07:52 AM   #189
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Got impatient and threw a used unit on I found at our yard, and got on the road for a short test drive (not registered or insured so only went up and down the road I live on). First impressions, trans does not like being cold for sure with the current fluid mix I have, but it sure is firm. Once it gets up in temp it shifts really nice and crisp, but will need to do some tuning on it as the converter locks very quick in a little to low of rpm. Turbos light quite easily, and builds around 15 @1700-1800 rpm. I didn't let it go full bore yet, but at around 3k it is up around 50, and that was at around 3/4 throttle. As far as smoke goes, it pretty consistent throughout, but is far to hazey, so first thing is to try and get that under control and tune from there. I still have not retimed the pump so that is a must. Smoke is of a dark grey color, not black. Does that seem to mean to far advance? Either way, time to brush up on my pump tuning ha.
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #190
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Got the timing checked, it was at 19.5. Bumped it to 24.5, and slide afc all the way back. The real problem I’m fighting I believe is a futile one without an injector change I think. At idle and cruise down the road it hazes nonstop and at no point in the rpm band does it clean up beyond that haze. I feel as though it’s to much of an injector to be clean at any point... any thoughts before I contact Weston and swapping in some smaller ones? I do want to add that the smoke is definitely on the dark grey side, not a full on black soot, which seems odd to me...
Other then that it really runs well, I’ll need a taller boost gauge for sure, I had it pinned at 60 on a full bore run easily, but my drive gauge isn’t working so that needs fixing right away. Egts were around 1400 on that run as well.

02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 08:45 AM   #191
WUnderwood

Name: WUnderwood
Title: CompD Minion
Member`s Gallery
Open sesame

Click the image to open in full size.

RIP BFD99, jponder, and Forrest Nearing

Old 09-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #192
Cozze44

Member`s Gallery
Hey fellas, been a while but i'm back floating around. Life's been real busy with the salvage yard and just had my second little kiddo. Planted flowers in the truck and put it out to pasture for the last year, but I got the itch again and I'm back on it. As it stands now, just pulled the inj pump and sent it back to Seth for a check. Could not get the smoke to go away no matter what adjustments I made, and after talking to both Weston and Seth, i'm hoping we find a problem there. Got the inj lines powdered the other day, ordered up a set of 0.084 crossover tubes (going down from 0.093) and have a billet valve cover on order from G&R diesel. Plan currently is get the pump back on once Seth gets a look at it, then unfortunately need to build a new hot pipe as the one i have is not to my liking. Going on I don't know how many years of this build, but I won't lose hope! Besides, my oldest absolutely loves hanging around with me while I work on it so that makes this even sweeter.
02 Dodge 2500
My Build Thread

Closed Thread