15" to 17" wheels

coolio20050

DODGEMAN
Do 17" chevy 6 lug tires have the same. pattern as 15" tires? i have a camper and a new 4x4 truck. the camper rides with the front end up in the air(it is a fifth wheel). We have 15" wheels on it and would like to put 17"s to raise the rear of the camper. Right now if you pull into an uneven parking lot the camper and the bed of the truck rub together. We have lowered the hitch as far is it will go on the camper. HELP PLEASE!

You will just have to get the correct bolt patten for your trailer doesn't matter what size of rim you get long as you have the correct bolt pattern. You will have to get taller tires as well just switching to 17's won't help and you have watch how big of tire you go so that they don't rub together in the middle. You may just be able to get bigger tires on the 15's but recommend gettin bigger rims so you can keep a lower profile tire to keep the trailer from swaying.

Im going to try to find the right lug pattern if possible. If i cant then i may put bigger rubber on it or put spacers on the axles. Im just afraid that the higher the back rises the more the camper will sway at higher speeds. Right now it doesnt sway at all even with the front raised.

Back