Firepunk Porcupine

Kinda curious what would actually happen. They have a decent amount of protection from spikes and and improper hookup. I don't have access to 480 VAC. Can you bring me some?

If my '68 every dies I'll be coming to see ya'll and hang out for a day or two while you fix my busted schidt. Maybe we can 3D print a 120VAC to 480 transformer.

It crossed my mind, but with the 68 tuning that's available as well as the 68 not being desired for swaps, I don't see the market there right now. Maybe in the future if there is a breakthrough for the 68 where it would hold 1k HP for all driving styles. Maybe.

Um the Suncoast 68 has been holding that for quite some time with the h&s overdrive being their preferred tuning!

As a side note though, you'll never get around the TCM for a 68 unless you can "fool" the adaptive memory which gets based off throttle, load, rpm, ect needing to be at 100% all the time to revert back to softer shifting.

Last edited:
Um the Suncoast 68 has been holding that for quite some time with the h&s overdrive being their preferred tuning!

As a side note though, you'll never get around the TCM for a 68 unless you can "fool" the adaptive memory which gets based off throttle, load, rpm, ect needing to be at 100% all the time to revert back to softer shifting.

Quit blathering.

It's been holding up other than those loose parts you found in the pan, they were probably just extras anyway.

I wouldn't call a 5k-7500 mile service life "holding up"

68's have their place...behind 800+hp that gets used is not that place.

Quit blathering.

It's been holding up other than those loose parts you found in the pan, they were probably just extras anyway.

My thoughts exactly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feel the Bern.

:hehe:

I wouldn't call a 5k-7500 mile service life "holding up"

68's have their place...behind 800+hp that gets used is not that place.

Glad to show just how greatly the flood water of ignorance flows through y'alls keyboards.... or you've never been in a truck with a built 68!:pop:

Fact remains my trans is banging paaaaalenty strong considering the last rebuild was 30k miles in 2013!

More than enough horsepower to shred through my 4 22.5s in the rear to the point where holding 60+ psi in a 12,000 plus lb truck can prove to be more of a challenge for the tires than the trans.

Funny as hell that even a 4yr old build with hard beating on it daily driven with 800 plus hp at this weight and mystery shrapnel showing up hasn't stopped this trans as of yet....

Still doesn't change the fact based statement of the 68s major design flaw being the TCM and not the build!

Ronnie Pene got 7700 out of his last one. 1khp truck....

Idiot

And that means what to me exactly.....

Nothing amigo!

Then again do you even know how Ronnie drives his?

If you took 2 secs to understand half of what your talking about he literally tries and do everything your not supposed to do in order to break it!!!

What's your next profound statement?

Last edited:
Lol...no...he doesn't. When they're testing, yes. But his truck is a true 1khp truck, what Brandon actually stated. Your "800hp" isn't what he was talking about. But once again, you saw a place where you thought your supposed knowledge was needed. A simple question about if 68 functionality would be in the cards. Now we've arrived at the sideshow that you like to make every single thread. Congratulations.

If I have to read about you blowing your 4 22.5 tires off one more time... nobody gives a phuck. Turn your ZZ Top down, tell your mom good night, and go to bed.

Lol...no...he doesn't. When they're testing, yes. But his truck is a true 1khp truck, what Brandon actually stated. Your "800hp" isn't what he was talking about. But once again, you saw a place where you thought your supposed knowledge was needed. A simple question about if 68 functionality would be in the cards. Now we've arrived at the sideshow that you like to make every single thread. Congratulations.

Again, have you actually payed attention to how RJP drives?.... lol

Hell his truck is 8500 per 8800 lbs plus and he intentionally again drives the piss out of It.

Any trans with him behind the wheel at that power and weight will have a short life span!

Notice how your deflecting from my point yet again though, it's the TCM homie!

Last edited:
If I have to read about you blowing your 4 22.5 tires off one more time... nobody gives a phuck. Turn your ZZ Top down, tell your mom good night, and go to bed.

Big red "X" will be your friend!:redx:

Someone is going to get another free vacation if this thread doesn't return to the prickly lil Porcupine...

Back on topic...

**DISCLAIMER: Official Firepunk Policy is to not feed the trolls.**

However since this is directly related to the Porcupine product, how would you design a fooling box that handles all of those functions?

**DISCLAIMER: Official Firepunk Policy is to not feed the trolls.**

However since this is directly related to the Porcupine product, how would you design a fooling box that handles all of those functions?

Lavon pays you the big bucks to figure that out!

Now to the bigger issue, how many 68s have you seen not suffer as a result of the electronics being the issue and not the hard parts?

Back