trans shelled out... again

Just to be clear here, I was not getting a line pressure drop going into OD. It only dropped pressure when locking the converter, in any gear. I guess I should really have checked pressure at the OD port, might have told me something there.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Gotcha, I thought it was OD when it dropped. Nevermind that last part LOL

Not sure if the pump is ok. Looks like it had some crap run through it and/or run a bit dry. I have some aftermarket 10 lobe 48re gears I was gonna through in it but with the amount of $$$$ in this damn thing I'd feel better just getting a whole 48 pump ass. thats in good shape.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378182926.148551.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378182948.992759.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Does anyone have any input on clutches and steels? We had used Borg/ raybestos frictions and those black coated steels, but not sure if there any better than regular steels.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I personally am using Red Alto's in my build ...... havent herd anything bad about them yet ..... ? alnog with kolean steels ? i think thats how its spelled ..... LOL

Would it be a good idea to just go ahead and replace ALL the clutches? I haven't torn the trans completely down yet but I'm pretty sure the rest are ok. I'll know this weekend. But the fluid was burnt and dirty so they've been soaking in that ****.

If it was that burnt, yes, replace them. All its going to do is fill your brand new fluid up with clutch material.

Go with high energy/stock steels.

Just focus on the line pressure, or you will be here again

good to know ... what kind of line pressure you running ?

around 180psi now. It held mid 600s @ 140psi of line pressure.

Would it be a good idea to just go ahead and replace ALL the clutches? I haven't torn the trans completely down yet but I'm pretty sure the rest are ok. I'll know this weekend. But the fluid was burnt and dirty so they've been soaking in that ****.

I would check them out, if they are in ok shape then i would probably clean them off, clean the hard parts really well and re-use them. Be sure to clean the VB really well as thats where you will have issues if its full of crap.

Wtf? Where in the trans would there be these little roller things? It appears a bunch of them got stuck in the OD planet, locking it solid. Gonna be fun getting this apart.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378688338.094386.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378688366.504308.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Front band slightly burnt, looks like it wasn't contacting very good. Time to go back to a flex band?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378693824.551743.jpg

Clutches look ok, some have slight dark spots. Not impressed with the kolene coated steels, alot was worn off already. Probably gonna just get all new stuff .ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378693969.544346.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Back