A good 450hp+ set up for a 97 7.3l

Anything more than that, will require more trans. Because...

Not to rain on your parade, but locally built E4OD/4R100's generally don't like a 7.3 making much power.

It's hit and miss though, your local shop might be better than most.

Bingo, been there - done that

Hey I seen a 4inch down pipe for these obs. Any one running a 4 or 5 inch do? Should I wait until after I put an after market Turbo on before getting a dp?

Hey I seen a 4inch down pipe for these obs. Any one running a 4 or 5 inch do? Should I wait until after I put an after market Turbo on before getting a dp?

Depends on what you're gonna do...

4", yes, on an obs you'll need a body lift though. 3" will require some firewall "reshaping."

5", no. That's custom one of stuff.

I'd probably decide what I was gonna do with the turbo. D66 is a great little turbo, and it'll use a stock fitting 3" DP.

T4 kits should all come with an appropriate DP.

OK im trying to avoid any type of lift. I'm lowering this truck. I figured I would do injectors first and then figure out the turbo so I know how much air I will need.

Well hopefully it holds. Still have 16000 miles left on the warranty.Ll

Just curious. Who did the rebuild on your trans?

Moore in Alvin did mine. Its been holding 400+ for 2 years, and now holding closer to 500 going on 6 months. Truck spends most of its time hooked to a trailer of some sort. So far so good. *Knock on wood*

Electric fuel system, Intercooler kit, GQSSB turbocharger, 238/100 ihybrids, T500 hpop, and good tuning.

238/100s, d66, electric fuel, modded 17*, Intercooler, tuning, and a tranny.

Thats my current setup. Dynoed 454hp and has been running on that setup for awhile now. The tuning is rather conservative, there is more in it for sure. This is on stock head bolts, push rods, and valve springs. Theres alot I plan on changing but for a fun street truck that has no problem towing it seems to be a great setup.

Cummins guys always say don't even think about nozzles if your over 80k miles, I guess that isn't the case with Powerstroke?I have a 95 PSD Im bout to start driving again after I sale my dodge. She has 238k miles out it. Should I just do nozzles since she runs good?

i have 270,000 on the 95 motor with 300% nozzle and aint skeered.

My 96 CCSB has Full Force Diesel Stage 2's, Adrenaline pump, swamps tuning, BTS trans, BDP fuel, & diy intercooler. Puts down 488HP to the rear wheels on the Dyno, and I can't remember the TQ, it missed 900 IIRC. It's real fun to drive.

I can't let any of my crews drive it, they drive it WOT and it gets poor mileage. :woohoo:

My 96 CCSB has Full Force Diesel Stage 2's, Adrenaline pump, swamps tuning, BTS trans, BDP fuel, & diy intercooler. Puts down 488HP to the rear wheels on the Dyno, and I can't remember the TQ, it missed 900 IIRC. It's real fun to drive.

I can't let any of my crews drive it, they drive it WOT and it gets poor mileage. :woohoo:

You got a flow sheet for those injectors?

Or a dyno sheet to support that number?

Back