Time to throw out the s467.7 turbo choices?

Unless your having drive pressure control issues currently with a 83mm turbine wheel, doubt an 87 will get you to your goals of street friendly.

Being in Cypress myself there's not a single hesitation is have to run a single 69sxe. Having run one as a secondary which is usually slower than a single was no issue at all and spool was nice. I personally would only run the 69sxe with the 1.0 though to maximize ability.

i grew up in cypress!

i have always felt that my converter was to tight for the weight of my truck (15 blade) and im wondering if this needs to be more than just a turbo project. After everything im gathering talking on here and a few other people i am leaning twords the 369sxe like les originally said... less rotating mass, more compressor and FUN ON THE STREET AGAIN!

wow thats so strange. i wonder why he is pushing them? i feel like its a lot as well for a streetable single, but he seems to emply that the ETR style wheel will make up for it. id love to know how.

les knows my entire setup and my truck "is where it is" today because of his advice, he knows my converter and he knows how i drive.

Not hating on Ryan but, I don’t think that setup works well on 5.9l the 6.7l maybe it works better. I would hate for you to buy it and hate it. It will spool slower than a 467.7 for sure

For 800-850 I think a 66/73 sxe would fit the bill and cut down on spool up time. Apparently there is a .83 T4 dual gated housing available that would give similar flow to a .91 non gated and respond better.

Not hating on Ryan but, I don’t think that setup works well on 5.9l the 6.7l maybe it works better. I would hate for you to buy it and hate it. It will spool slower than a 467.7 for sure

I could see it being okay doing 70mph on flat road at elevations close to sea level since the turbo will already be spooled. But most turbos are fun at that speed and elevation.

Living in North Houston and working in Fort stockton (3k' elevation change) i can notice a difference in spool and smoke.

I was very surprised with how the 1.0 lights. You'd probably want some more fuel to be happy with it though.

Lugging the engine, as best possible with an auto trans anyway, in OD with converter locked at 50 mph, I can roll into it and make 10-12 psi by 1800 RPM. And the truck sits on 35s and has a 15 blade left cut converter.

Lugging the engine, as best possible with an auto trans anyway, in OD with converter locked at 50 mph, I can roll into it and make 10-12 psi by 1800 RPM. And the truck sits on 35s and has a 15 blade left cut converter.

our setup is quite similar! this makes me happy.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Back