Our collection

Rushville Indiana's steam show is this weekend, and the feature is those orange things you love. If you have time to stop, rumor is Laker implement is b taking their whole collection.

Thy took a lot of theirs, and we dropped off 9 of ours at their place on our way home from the Gathering...they took those in for us.

We'll be out Sunday to go to the show for a bit to help them get their stuff home, and bring everything of ours home.
Chris

Nothing, just the name of the founder. They were bought by Oliver later, and the Cockshutt brand was the same tractors as Oliver sold through Canadian dealers mostly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockshutt_Plow_Company

Chris
You guys wouldn't be interested in an Oliver 66 diesel, restored, would you. A guy I work with has it for sale, think he's asking around $6500, give or take. I can get you pics and more details if you are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ok, just thought it might have been rare enough, first one I've seen. Drove through your lot today, is the little old crawler with the covered tracks an orchard model? Never seen one like that before.

Yeah, Allis M Orchard crawler. Seat hangs out the back instead of up on top.

66 Diesels are rarer, but just not our thing. If it was a high crop or something like that, maybe. We have odd collecting habits.
Chris

Looked really cool! That's fine on the Oliver, pretty sure you guys lean orange anyway! I'm partial to red and blue myself, but can appreciate all colors, just not real crazy bout them other green ones.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Chris for taking time out of his day yesterday to show my family around the collection, it really is pretty incredible to see. We really enjoyed it, and learned quite a bit! Thanks again.

Can't help but think you guys need one like this! Said it's an air cooled V-12 duetz engine, looks like fun!

8c98be7332f3b92beabea395814236aa.jpg

Thought this might be of interest to you, maybe.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/grd/5786470522.html

On a side note, what do you think of the potential collectability of a 1967ish Ford 4000, row crop, narrow front, diesel, standard 8 spd trans? One for sale locally, been trying to talk dad into it since it's virtually identical to our 4600, and I think it'd be worth something in the 10-20 yrs or so.

Thought this might be of interest to you, maybe.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/grd/5786470522.html

On a side note, what do you think of the potential collectability of a 1967ish Ford 4000, row crop, narrow front, diesel, standard 8 spd trans? One for sale locally, been trying to talk dad into it since it's virtually identical to our 4600, and I think it'd be worth something in the 10-20 yrs or so.

Thanks.

I guess if I was looking for something like that, it would be the right one. Narrow front diesel is probably not a common set of options on a 4000.

Chris

That's what I was thinking, it's at a ag shop on consignment, been there almost a yr or so, the owner is actually only a couple miles from us, dad said he knows them, not sure if I do? Asking $5500, 4200hrs.

Haha, nice. Sherry liked that picture apparently.

The Gathering of the Orange has turned into a family event for our retarded family.
Chris

Back