lowered and hating it

crabbelle

Banned
after 3 years of building, i finally get to drive it. the outcome is me getting a headache going down the road. every little bump the truck is all over the place. i dont know if its the tires LOAD RANGE F or the way the air ride is setup. does anyone have any idea what im doing wrong here.

SAM_3760.jpg

Did you notch the frame so that the rearend has travel? Also shock length(if you are running them), and in the front you would be shortening the bumpstops.

no, the axle doesnt come anywhere near the frame and the shocks have plenty of travel. it feels like im riding on solid suspension

it still gets 23-25 mpg and smoked a camaro today. so im happy. i have ran 10 psi, 50 psi, 75 psi. nothing helps. im starting to think that the bags and leafs are fighting one another

Why both? Load carrying?

Did you take some leafs out then add the air back to supplement them?

Kinda looks like the air bags might not have enough travel, and are bottoming out? Do you know if they have internal bumpers to limit travel in case they would blow? Kinda like a bump stop?

Chris

yeah i took the main leaf out and added the airbags for towing. i dont know if they have internal bumpers but ill try and find out.

those bags should be enuff to handle a load be them selves? if not use a bag off of a drop axle or like a semi would run and just run the bags if u set up a 4 link. be plenty to handle a load and should ride smooth. do u have a pic of the truck the way it sits now?

Do both of your airbags feed off the same line? is there a check valve to keep the air from going back and fourth between bags?

Back