lowered and hating it

yeah they run off the same line and no there is no check valve. i do see the pressure gauge bounce as the truck bounces.

13574d1265579508-99-gmc-hd3500-5-9-cummins-9-speed-p1010101-medium-.jpg

Those bags will carry what you want. The springs and bags are doing double duty. Make it an air leaf and it will ride the way you want it.

i dont see how other guys can get away with running helper bags with no problem. Mech did you have a problem with yours?

I'm willing to bet it is how you hooked them up, with one air line going to both bags...

I would try individual lines to each bag and see if that helps...

i dont see how other guys can get away with running helper bags with no problem. Mech did you have a problem with yours?

They work fine for the extra weight capacity. They definately don't make it ride any better. Your almost there. Air bags can carry more than the springs are rated with a better ride. What are the bags rated at?

Pub.-Airbex%20Ang.jpg

If you just have them on there as helper bags for when towing...run them at zero PSI, c-notch your frame and let the leaves do what they normally do.
If there's any pressure in the bags then you've done nothing but increase the spring rate which means it's gonna beat you to death.

i would think a trac bar and individual air lines to the bags will help.

maybe no trac bar, depending on how many leafs are still there.

Garrett

If you just have them on there as helper bags for when towing...run them at zero PSI, c-notch your frame and let the leaves do what they normally do.
If there's any pressure in the bags then you've done nothing but increase the spring rate which means it's gonna beat you to death.

thats what my attention are for tomorrow. just looking at it i didnt think the axle would travel that far

i would think the air would equalize between them too. if i add the check valves i wont be able to drain the bags

You need to isolate the bags from each other.
When you have them T'd together and go around a curve, the leaning of the truck compresses one bag which forces air into the other bag...making it handle even worse.

You need to isolate the bags from each other.
When you have them T'd together and go around a curve, the leaning of the truck compresses one bag which forces air into the other bag...making it handle even worse.

Like I was saying earlier, thanks dick!!!

Back