A slightly different pump swap

Good idea for a daily driver setup, I like it. What mileage was it getting? Do you think intercooling it would improve the MPG's?

A friend of mine in south Arkansas has put VE's on two different 6.7's and had real good luck with them, I don't know how he was dealing with the computers. I honestly didn't pay much attention to them because I didn't see the advantage of it.

Yeah update's?? I've been presented an opertunity to pick up a VE bus motor at a screamin price and think it needs to go into my F350 hotshot truck!:evil

All seems good. Starts very well in cold weather, gets high teens to low 20's mileage. Driveline has some problems causing a noticeable amount of drag though. Had a injector break a spring, probably from the massive VE beating on them. LOL

Next time around I'd try it using the 24V spring in the injectors. We sleeved these down and used 12V springs.

Is there a person or place you would recommend to get ve compatible injector parts from? Ve has lower pop pressure than vp and p7100 correct?

I did these myself, but the first two that come to mind is Weston or Contagious, if they would be interested. The VE is much lower opening pressure than VP or P.

I would be willing to reset opening pressure if you wanted to stay with VP springs, but I have too much going on right now to make time to sleeve bodies to use 12V springs.

Last edited:
I appreciate it, what is involved in resetting the opening pressure? I'm gathering parts for my swap once I come off the road working. Have pump timing cover and gears. My vp injectors have 220 k on them, thinking of buying a set and lowering pressure. Any suggestions on injectors?

Back